Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Pompey. Changes? Or keep winning side?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Probably Brez for Ankergren?

Noone is cuptied I believe. Not sure if WBA will allow Wood to be cuptied? Even tho he is on loan another club may wish to buy him of course.

Will Baz, Batti, Hart, Holroyd, Smith and Sandaza feature at all? The Woking game seemed to upset our momentum last time, will Gus do the same again?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Difficult one - I'm not bothered in the slightest about the cup this year, but do we want to break up a winning team ? I'm not sure. It seemed to be the cup matches that interrupted our run before xmas. Think I'd stick with mainly the same team, with maybe one or two changes, especially if there are any niggles hanging around.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
With The Momentum Gained From a 5-0 Win and Last Minute Winner...

would you keep it going with the same team or completely change the personel for the FA Cup game.

Remembering what happened last time and we put out a scratch team against Woking. It seemed to derail our season for about 8 weeks.

Gus doesnt care about the cups, as he has said before, but will he have learned his lesson from last time? Our next three league games are against Peterborough, Bournemouth and Colchester.

Do we need to keep the momentum going by keeping more or less the same team, or do we go for change and give these players a rest after a hectic week of 3 games?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** sake BRETT I just started this thread BEFORE you.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Probably Brez for Ankergren?

Noone is cuptied I believe. Not sure if WBA will allow Wood to be cuptied? Even tho he is on loan another club may wish to buy him of course.

Will Baz, Batti, Hart, Holroyd, Smith and Sandaza feature at all? The Woking game seemed to upset our momentum last time, will Gus do the same again?

Noone's cuptied, or did you mean No one's cuptied ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think he will keep the same team, with the exception of Noone who is cup tied I believe.

Let's see how good we really are against opposition we want to be playing week in week out next season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think regardless of how important people view the FA cup this year, playing the second string coincided with (led to) a loss of momentum and dip in form. I would try not to change too much. There are no midweek games between pompy and peterborough, plenty of time between yesterday's game and saturdays, so I don't think there's a risk of tiring the players.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not fussed as long as we either win or lose in 90 mins really really don't want a replay. Already playing catch up with our games and a replay is really something we can do without

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Difficult one isn't it? Whilst there is a strong case to play the same side to prevent a loss of form.. I still have nightmares about Northampton and Navarro. Still, not an often occurrence that a player will get injured, so perhaps best to play his full strength squad

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not fussed as long as we either win or lose in 90 mins really really don't want a replay. Already playing catch up with our games and a replay is really something we can do without

This I reckon.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
as much as I'd love a replay to make a racket at Fratton Park this needs to be decided on saturday, I'd probably put Brez back between the sticks and depending if Wood is cup tied keep the rest of the team the same as the team that finished at Exeter.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
quite happy to lose this one; I don't think there are too many bragging rights at stake as pompey look to the west for their scumming rights. As for playing catch up in number of games to play, most of L1 are in the same boat as us but an extended cup run would put more pressure on us and i don't think we have a big enough squad yet to cope.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Strongest side. Unlike the JPT and League cups (which clutter up midweek) the FA Cup matches are played on Saturdays. If there wasn't a game, if we had been knocked out by Woking or FCUM (as some of our more moronic 'fans' wanted) people would now be moaning about a blank Saturday and wondering if the players would go 'off the boil'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If there wasn't a game, if we had been knocked out by Woking or FCUM (as some of our more moronic 'fans' wanted) people would now be moaning about a blank Saturday and wondering if the players would go 'off the boil'.

Er, no they wouldn't. We'd be away to Yeovil.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Seeing as we like to throw a curve ball and use a random member of our backroom staff for these cup games I say bring in Matt Millar for Greer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here