Virgo CB
Calderon RB

Lua Lua LM
Dicker CM
Navarro CM (deep)
Crofts CM
Bennet RM

Murray ST

I'd like to see that... Could obviously swap Holroyd for either winger as they would essentially be left & right forwards when on the attack, & wouldn't have as much defensive responsibility as there are the 3 central mids. That formation would also suit mcnulty (in for painter), giving him space down the wing to get forward...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Kuipers

Calderon Virgo Elphick Painter

Bennett Dicker Navarro/Crofts Lua Lua

Murray Holroyd​

Would quite like to see Dicker alongside Navarro in the middle, with Navarro doing his usual holding role, and Dicker really trying to drop into the spaces between midfield and strikers. I can't see captain Crofts sitting out though, and in fairness he hasn't done much wrong to warrant being dropped.

Would be fairly disappointed if Gus didn't opt for that strike force on Saturday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think it will be the same as last night but with Murray replacing Dickinson. New guy will be on the bench along with Dicker and Carole will get an hour to see what he can do

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
dont forget that forstergate may have been resolved by then, in which case id play Fozzy instead of Holroyd.

Some interesting views on Bennett. he was nailed on to be player of the season a couple of months ago but he does appear to have gone of the boil a bit. He is still our best winger tho & the defensive role he plays will be important on sat.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This is a game of of opinions;
Kuipers
Calderon, Elphick, Virgo, Painter
Bennett, Navarro, Dicker, Lualua
Murray, Holroyd

........is the way I'd go because it offers width and cover for both full backs - Dicker has the ability to change the style and pattern of play as a sub if needed

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Kuipers

Navarro

Bennett Dicker Crofts Lua Lua

Murray​

The above, with McNulty in for Painter when he's back to his best, is the way forward if Forster stays on the sidelines. Holroyd & Dickinson can slot in as the forward or as one of the wingers if need be. Cox could also slot in instead of Crofts/Dicker & be the top of a diamond in the middle.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Is McNulty injured? I can't believe everyone has Painter ahead of him otherwise - nowt against Painter (who is better than a lot of left-backs we've seen) but I really don't see him as an improvement, and he's not our player.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd be going in with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation, a la Chelsea of 3 or 4 years ago.

--------------------Kuipers-------------------
----Calderon---Virgo----Elphick----Painter----
----Dicker---------Navarro-------Crofts------
----Bennett----------------------Lua-Lua-----
------------------Murray----------------------

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
FDM

Calderon, Virgo, Elphick, Painter

Bennett, Navarro, Dicker, Lua Lua

Murray, Dickinson​

:wave:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
dicker HAS to play central midfield. he is head and shoulders above any other midfield at the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers

Calderon
Elphick
Virgo
Painter

Bennett
Crofts
Dicker
Lua Lua

Murray
Holdroyd

That is the team I would play but Gus likes Navarro so expect him to be in instead of Dicker.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
dicker HAS to play central midfield. he is head and shoulders above any other midfield at the club.

Bless, he is alright but don't get the goals of Crofts and can't defend like Navarro he is somewhere in the middle of both. Will need to up his game to break up that partnership

Kuipers

Navarro

Bennett Dicker Crofts Lua Lua

Murray​

The above, with McNulty in for Painter when he's back to his best, is the way forward if Forster stays on the sidelines. Holroyd & Dickinson can slot in as the forward or as one of the wingers if need be. Cox could also slot in instead of Crofts/Dicker & be the top of a diamond in the middle.

This could work very well, if the two wingers take an advance position and we use them effectively. Murray will need to work hard too, which doesn't happen all too often at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here