Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
-----------Henderson

Rents Santos Lynch Whing

-------------Hinch

Hart----Cox-----Fraser-------Revell

------------Williams-------------

I feel next week we need our defenders on top form as Scunthorpe strikers are on fire ( perhaps a fireman needed?)

Subs: Robinson, Butters, Kuips, ????? and ??????

I would give Adam El Abd, Chippy and hammond a run out in the reserves fro a few weeks ( or months)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
There is no way Williams cam play up front on his own - or any other of our strikers. Part of the problem all season is that we just can't hold the ball up front and so as a team we never get up the pitch. I'd like us to go for a solid 442. That way all the players will know the system and their job and (hopefully) cut out the silly errors. 433 does not work.

-------------Henderson---------
Whing--Hinshelwood--Butters---Lynch

Hart----Carpenter----Hammond----Cox

-----------Williams-----Revell--------------

Subs
Robinson
Rents
El Abd
Butters
Kuipers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oscar said:
There is no way Williams cam play up front on his own - or any other of our strikers. Part of the problem all season is that we just can't hold the ball up front and so as a team we never get up the pitch. I'd like us to go for a solid 442. That way all the players will know the system and their job and (hopefully) cut out the silly errors. 433 does not work.

-------------Henderson---------
Whing--Hinshelwood--Butters---Lynch

Hart----Carpenter----Hammond----Cox

-----------Williams-----Revell--------------

Subs
Robinson
Rents
El Abd
Butters
Kuipers

Have we signed another Butters?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kuipers

El-Abd
Butters
Lynch
Rents

Cox
Hammond (c)
Mayo
Hart

Revell
Robinson

Subs: Henderson, Whing, Gatting, Fraser, Santos

My only possible change would be Hinshelwood instead of Mayo. For me, 4-5-1 doesn't work. It certainly didn't yesterday. El-Abd can be a bit of a liability in the centre, but he ususally does brilliantly at right back. Hart leads by example. That formation has a certain amount of strength in the spine of the team.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes but saturday has to be damage limitation to try and get our season back on track. Two up front against a decent side and we will be ripped apart!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
Kuipers

El-Abd
Butters
Lynch
Rents

Cox
Hammond (c)
Mayo
Hart

Revell
Robinson

Subs: Henderson, Whing, Gatting, Fraser, Santos

My only possible change would be Hinshelwood instead of Mayo. For me, 4-5-1 doesn't work. It certainly didn't yesterday. El-Abd can be a bit of a liability in the centre, but he ususally does brilliantly at right back. Hart leads by example. That formation has a certain amount of strength in the spine of the team.

That midfield certainly inspires confidence:down: :down: :down: :down:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
BensGrandad said:
Henderson ( without a doubt)

Whing
Hinshlewood
Butters
Lynch if fit, or Rents.

Mayo or Fraser

Hart Hammond Cox

Williams Revell.

Subs:

Sullivan
El Abd
Santos
Fraser or Mayo or Rents if Lynch is fit.
Robinson.

I think we need to rest Carpenter and then we would get the best out of Hammond and play either Mayo or Fraser in front of the back four.

perfect

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:
Yes but saturday has to be damage limitation to try and get our season back on track. Two up front against a decent side and we will be ripped apart!
Possibly, but it also might not hurt if we could try and defend on their 18-yard line. With only one up, and the midfield being as reluctant to go forward as it is, the ball is GUARANTEED to come straight back.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:
That midfield certainly inspires confidence:down: :down: :down: :down:
Hammond without Carpenter is a far better prospect. I feel Chippy 'smothers' Deano. And surely Hinshelwood alongside Hammond isn't that bad, is it?

BTW, I feel Lynch's best place is in the centre. I thought he looked decidely uncomfortable at left-back yesterday.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
With two men up front we might actually have a decent chance of holding the ball for a little while.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
First post, here goes...

i'd play (depending on fitness)

henderson

whing hinsh butters/lynch mayo/rents/lynch

santos

hart hammond cox/loft

revell robinson

we need a deep sitting type midfielder to protect the defence when our fullbacks go awol past the half way line and the attack inevitably breaks down...santos cant pass, but he'll win tackles and headers and isnt quick enough to risk getting caught out of position by running forward.

Scunthorpe have very good strikers. if we sit back and invite them onto us we'll be hammered. we need to have a bit of pace up front (jake) and guile in midfield to stand a slim chance....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here