CB El Abd
CB Elphick

M Dicker
M Sparrow
M Kishishev

LW Lua Lua
RW Bennett

F Murray

Don't agree with alot of things you say but this is the right answer!!! Someone with a bit of sanity

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Can't believe some people on here, here is hoping the closest you get to the game is watching it, imagine some of you lot coaching!!!

Can't split up a defence as tight as we have, only reason Greer will be in next week is through injury.

Also no way should the Norwegian lad be started, can you imagine the moaning if a teenage lad from the development squad doesn't score a hat trick on his debut?

With all due respect who would be expecting him to score a hatrick? He is pacy and direct, bringing different qualities to the table to barnes.

I guess you must be a fully qualified coach then to justify your 1st comment? Otherwise your viewpoint and my viewpoint carry equal weight.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
With all due respect who would be expecting him to score a hatrick? He is pacy and direct, bringing different qualities to the table to barnes.
Have you actually seen him play?

I think it would be stupid to drop Elphick, who has been immense this season. If anything, even better than El-Abd. And he was immense yesterday up until the 93rd minute.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Based on the fact that I believe Greer is a better player than Elphick when I have seen him play. (at least 5 matches including last season)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone that is suggesting changing a tight defence is a complete head mental.... Would any of the top 4 managers in the Premiership do this?

He is so young though, how many time has he played a reserve game ? The amount of weight we put on players shoulders is mental, look at Holroyd, Robinson, Cox, Davies.... Very recent examples of players that have been slaughtered by fans here and moved onto better things and unless I'm wrong have all scored more than our top scorers this season?

Not saying they shouldn't have gone but we ruin the confidence of our young players with all the expectation we have.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Based on the fact that I believe Greer is a better player than Elphick when I have seen him play. (at least 5 matches including last season)

Five matches. Including the match this season when he got sent off? Yeah, you are right. Drop Elphick who, lest we forget, walked our player of the year the other season, and has helped keep four clean sheets in five games and seems to compliment El Abd superbly.

And ignoring the fact he is far from match fit and has been struggling with injury, suspension and lack of reserve team football. Nah, chuck him in for a big away game.

Great idea.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Five matches. Including the match this season when he got sent off? Yeah, you are right. Drop Elphick who, lest we forget, walked our player of the year the other season, and has helped keep four clean sheets in five games and seems to compliment El Abd superbly.

And ignoring the fact he is far from match fit and has been struggling with injury, suspension and lack of reserve team football. Nah, chuck him in for a big away game.

Great idea.

Your entitled to your opinion. Let's leave it down to Gus next week but I have a feeling you may be surprised....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Brez

Calderon
Ephick
El-abd
Painter

Bennett
Dicker
Kishishev/Sparrow
Baz

Murray
Lua Lua

???

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Fine. I meant have you see the Norwegian lad play though?

Not a competitive game but everyone has to start somewhere. I think Barnes has done well so far this season but none of us can deny the fact he has missed a number of clear cut opportunities in the last few games. Sandaza really appears off the pace so let's give the lad a chance.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I never said pick Greer solely on how much he cost us.
I think yesterday we could've done with a bit more assertive passing from the back, And by that i don't mean hoofing it forward.

He was signed by Gus as our captain & he was also the one he bent over backwards to get to the club. Its inevitable he will eventually replace Elphick or El Abd & it doesn't matter about their form or what we think.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Your entitled to your opinion. Let's leave it down to Gus next week but I have a feeling you may be surprised....

I don't doubt Greer will be a good addition in the long-term and El Abd and Elphick will have a dip in form, injury or suspension sooner or later.

Just wouldn't rock the boat at this stage, especially when Greer is probably not match fit.

As you said earlier though, nice position to be in.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
It's an interesting dilema. Greer from what I have seen and know of him is better with the ball at his feet and passing than either Elph or El-Abd. I am not sure breaking up the partnership is the issue, Gus has created a squad and style of play that players can rotate in and out of easily (case in point our midfield) so I think if Greer where to come in we would be has solid at least. I am wondering as well if after yesterdays game and Tranmere (both conceded late goals all be it yesterdays was a refing cock up) we may need a real captain in the side? Before people jump down my throught I am not habing a go at Elph or El-Abd I think thye have been great I am suggesting Gus may feel it is time to bring his big summer signing and Captain back in.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It must have been mentioned somewhere but do we know why Sandaza wasn't in the squad yesterday? Was he injured?

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Cannot believe some want Brezovan back - what has Casper done wrong in the last 6 games!!! He has stepped up to the mark because of competition for places as have El-Abd and Elphick, although I would not be too disappointed with us playing 4-5-1 next week with Murray leading the line - this formation completely played Charlton off the park last year and they could not handle the double threat of LuaLua and Bennett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here