Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Lords

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think we have enough spin options with Yardy, RHB and Nash - would rather have another seam bowling option.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hodd has to play, he's contributed getting us there, so I dont think he should be dropped. Same thng happened for the T20 finals day in 2007.

Collymore for Kirtley.

Has only played three times for Hampshire since 2005.

Needs permission from he England management to play for hampshire. has knackered his achilles - no chance of him playing at lord's

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Hodd has to play, he's contributed getting us there, so I dont think he should be dropped. Same thng happened for the T20 finals day in 2007.

Collymore for Kirtley.

Prior must play, and I don't think Hodd contributes as much to the team so Hodd misses out for me.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
But Hodd is a better keeper. Surely we can play them both? When you've got Hodd coming in at 8/9, the other team must think, shit, look at this batting line-up.

We can even afford to drop a bowler for Prior. Think of the part-time bowlers that have bowled, and done well this season....(Hamilton-Brown, Nash, Yardy..)

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Hmmm bit of a selection nightmare for Saturday. I wonder if Prior expects to play. In my view, Hodd has earned his place and is the better keeper. Prior is such a good 1 day batsman he has to be in, but who to drop?

Can I be devil's advocate and suggest that Goodwin has been well below his best this year and that maybe he's the one to drop.

Can't believe I just wrote that.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
prior is good enough to play as a batsman in his own right - and hodd is probably the better keeper, so id play them both

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hmmm bit of a selection nightmare for Saturday. I wonder if Prior expects to play. In my view, Hodd has earned his place and is the better keeper. Prior is such a good 1 day batsman he has to be in, but who to drop?

Can I be devil's advocate and suggest that Goodwin has been well below his best this year and that maybe he's the one to drop.

Can't believe I just wrote that.

Goodwin is averaging 57.85 in the FPT this season ???

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Prior has been playing at lords for five days so will know the bounce of the pitch very well. Might be an asset batting and keeping even though I have to say I'm a big Hodd fan, very good keeper.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
No way. He'd be the FIRST one on my team sheet.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Which TV channel is showing this in the UK ? I assume its sky - fingers crossed I can find it on tinternet as I suspect this wont be on any of the ESPN channels over here :mad:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sky Sports, mate. Get yourself a (cheap) flight and come over for it ;).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here