Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Leicester

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need to be really solid in midfield in the first half and up front we somehow have to get past Wes Morgan and co. So without too much expectation I'd start with

Kuszczak

Bruno
Greer
ElAbd
Bridge

David Lopez
Bridcutt
Hammond
Crofts

Dobbie
CMS

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well if they can't spot that how can they hold a serious opinion on the make-up and tactics of the team!?
Like I said, when they're writing it on here. If they genuinely haven't noticed than you are right, but then most people's opinions are terrible anyways.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuszczak

Bruno
El-Abd
Greer
Bridge

Lopez
Bridcutt
Crofts
Buckley

CMS
Dobbie

Subs:

Casper
Dunk
Calderon
Hammond
Barnes
Lua Lua
Sparrow

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Dunk Bridge
Bridcutt Crofts
Buckley Dobbie Orlandi
Mackail-Smith​

Balance, defensive stability and attacking flair.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pressure is Off

If fit I think Orlandi will start and we will play with 5 in midfield and CMS as a loan striker. Do not think Buckley will start as we will be more defensive and look for a draw or sneak a win rather than go out all attack.

Orlandi is injured. The snag Leicester have got is individually every Albion player is a better player (whoever we play and unlike last year) so we play 4-3-3 an d hope they do not park the bus. They have more experience but less potential. And their home record expects. They don't really stand a chance if we can take advantage.

0-0 is par. If we want promotion we will have do better than that. 0-3 away is not out of the question. Depends on Gus really. He has no excuses for this match. He is on trial.

Macca will play definitely and Wayne Bridge is the best player in the Championship bar a fit Vicente.

What has happened to Neil Danns? He would make a good left back sub replacement for Painter ??? Only player in their side I rate a little.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Orlandi is out injured. David instead?

Oh dear, that isn't good. I can't access our official site at the moment so I wasn't too sure why he was missing.

I wouldn't be in a rush to play David, thoroughly unimpressed by him so far but he does need games under his belt, so to speak. Without Orlandi and Vicente, I would play him tomorrow night ahead of Barnes and Hammond because he should give us better balance but both he and Buckley prefer to play on the right so we'd be heaviky reliant on Bridge to dominate the left flank. Even so, I would rather David to LuaLua.

Dec 29, 2011
Oh dear, that isn't good. I can't access our official site at the moment so I wasn't too sure why he was missing.

I wouldn't be in a rush to play David, thoroughly unimpressed by him so far but he does need games under his belt, so to speak. Without Orlandi and Vicente, I would play him tomorrow night ahead of Barnes and Hammond because he should give us better balance but both he and Buckley prefer to play on the right so we'd be heaviky reliant on Bridge to dominate the left flank. Even so, I would rather David to LuaLua.

Bridge could play where ever he liked, that man is a boss!

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Assuming Orlandi isn't fit

Kuszczask

Bruno
Greer
El-Abd
Bridge

Bridcutt
Crofts

Buckley
Dobbie
KLL

CMS

Subs: Anks,Calde,Dunk,Hammond,Dicker,Lopez,Barnes

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It amuses me that so many don't have Barnes in the team. I reckon he is a certain starter for away games for his defensive qualities.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The usual back 5

Bridcutt
Crofts
Hammond

Buckley
Dobbie
CMS
I'd agree with this. I'd like to see Dobbie given a start, and feel Barnes is probably the man best suited to make way for him. At the end of the day, we are struggling to score goals, so something has to give.

If we play one striker and 5 in midfield despite having the best full-backs in the league, we will probably lose narrowly yet again and the chance to kick start our season will be gone. However, if we give it a go by playing a sensible but attacking line up, we give ourselves a chance to win the game. And then we'd be a single point behind Leicester and probably only 2 or 3 points off the top. It is a game which could really define our season.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Same starting eleven at Saturday not my choice but going by Gus's comments after the game he was not too disappointed and expects them to click.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Same starting eleven at Saturday not my choice but going by Gus's comments after the game he was not too disappointed and expects them to click.

Here we go again. Gus knows best.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven

Kuszczak
Bruno - Greer - El-Abd - Bridge
Bridcutt - Crofts
David Lopez - Buckley - Barnes
Mackail-Smith

Subs
Ankergren, Dunk, Calderon, Hammond, LuaLua, Dobbie, Adgestien

mikevapour