Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Ipswich?

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Ok. At the moment who are the players you think are certainties for the team? For me only these:- Greer, Bridcutt, Noone and CMS.
Likely are Barnes, Ankegren, Painter, Calderon (subject to whatever has gone on ...) and Cook (cos of Dunk suspension). So seems the real questions lie in midfield and looking at the game last night that was where we lost the game. If Vicente is fit eventually he has to be given a start then its two from Dicker, Navarro, Sparrow, Harley, Lualua, Buckley (when fit) and Vincelot. I think Navarro would add some more bite to our midfield and of course Hoskinns needs to be included in squad somewhere. Taking into account injuries/suspensions I would go for the following-:
Ankegren
Calderon/Vincelot
Painter
Greer
Cook
Bridcutt
Navarro
Vicente
Noone
Barnes
CMS

Subs:
Hoskins,Lualua, Vincelot,Brez,Dicker

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly surprised that some have still Harley in their team, all I can say is he must look bloody good in training because he is not getting in the team based on his performances in the games.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Brez

Calde Greer Cook Vincelot

Bridcutt Navarro

Hoskins Vicente Noone

CMS​

I'm with you on this apart from keeping with Casper - the lesser of two evils in my opinion.
Sadly, I just couldn't pick either Painter or Dicker. Dicker is simply not sharp enough at the moment and Painter is simply too slow for this division. Sad but true.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
4-2-4 when attacking, 4-4-2 when defending

Ankergren (no-one else good enough)

Vincelot
Greer
Cook
Painter

Barnes
Bridcutt
Vicente
Noone

Hoskins
Mackail-Smith

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Casper
Calderon
Cook
Greer
Vincelot

Bridcutt
Dicker
Forster-Caskey
Noone

Hoskins
CMS

SUBS: Brezovan, Vincente, Barnes, Tano, Navarro

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's some short memories pertaining to Brezovan's last few first team appearances.

Granted, Stoke are a team full of lumbering heifers, but Brezovan was still a total nightmare that day, and looked shaky in every appearance he made last season.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Anyone else rather see Vincelot at CB than Cook? Or even playing Painter at CB and Vincelot at left back? I look Cook but I worry about it being too early. Not every young centre back is Lionel Dunk.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else rather see Vincelot at CB than Cook? Or even playing Painter at CB and Vincelot at left back? I look Cook but I worry about it being too early. Not every young centre back is Lionel Dunk.

Lionel Dunk hasn't been Lionel Dunk in the last few games.

I know people want to stick up for him and berate Greer because of his relative age and inexperience, but Dunk has pulled a couple of shockers recently. Leeds & Palace were his worst games. Greer wasn't great, but was better than Dunk in both.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Ankergren

Calderon Greer Cook Vincelot

Bridcutt Navarro

Noone Vicente Hoskins

CMS

This is no disrespect to Barnes who I'd like to see come on early doors second half. But think we need some new ideas in the team and Hoskins could really make us tick.

Dicker, Harley and Painter dropped due to poor performaces though.

Any news on when Buckley is back?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Need to get last night out of the system quickly so here we go.

Ankergren
Calde - Greer - Cook - Vincelot

Bridcutt - Navarro

Barnes - Vicente - Noone

Bridcutt and Navarro will bring bite to the middle and not allow people to travel with the ball as it happening at the moment.
No idea what Ipswich have down the wings but anything to do with pace and Painter will struggle. Harley can sit in the stands until he realises he is not a big fish and the team is not there for him. Dicker for every good thing he does at the moment he will do many more bad and needs time off.​

Brezovan
Calde - Greer - Cook - Tanno

Lua Lua - Bridcutt - Noone

Barnes - Vicente - CMS

Would be my choice i do not think Vincelot is good enough​

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There's some short memories pertaining to Brezovan's last few first team appearances.

Granted, Stoke are a team full of lumbering heifers, but Brezovan was still a total nightmare that day, and looked shaky in every appearance he made last season.

Its been tough for him though, with just occasional appearances in cup games before going back to the bench. I've no doubt if he was picked he'd look a bit shaky for a game or two, but I'd have faith in him.

If he hadn't have been injured pre-season he would have started last year, we probably wouldn't have signed Ankergren.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lionel Dunk hasn't been Lionel Dunk in the last few games.

I know people want to stick up for him and berate Greer because of his relative age and inexperience, but Dunk has pulled a couple of shockers recently. Leeds & Palace were his worst games. Greer wasn't great, but was better than Dunk in both.

I agree, I think Cook will do well but I'm not sure if he's ready for first team action yet. What would your back four look like Edna? I'd be tempted to pop Vincelot in as CB cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here