[Albion] Team for Everton (a)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So likely team for Everton (a)

I’d say these are my 9 definites

Steele given Verbruggen injury.

But not sure about the back 3 or 4 or 5 ( Lamptey , Veltman , Milner ? ). Will Hinshelwood be fit ?

And given Enciso at Olympics then who for #10 ?

Pedro training today so presumably all ok again.

Steele
Van Hecke Dunk Barco
Baleba Wieffer
Minteh Mitoma
Pedro

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On the assumption that FH will play the 3421 formation he had at SP, it'll be something like this:

---------------------------- Steele ------------------------
------- Van Hecke ----- Weiffer* ------ Dunk -----------
Hinshelwood ---- Enciso ------- Baleba ----------- Barco
------------- Minteh ---------------------- Mitoma -------
------------------------ Joao Pedro ------------------------

* if FH does set out with the 3421 formation he played at SP, then the middle CB has a very specific 'hybrid' role who moves into the DCM position once we gain possession, and slips back between the other two CBs when out of possession.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Steele
Hinshlewood
Dunk
Van Hecke
Barco
Baleba
Wieffer
Mitoma
Minteh
Pedro
Welbeck

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Over a week between the Olympic final (if Paraguay get there) and our first game. I wouldn’t rule Enciso out of our opening fixture yet.
Certainly on the bench, wouldn’t be a starter for me anyway.

Bit early for this - lots of gaps around Minteh at the moment 😀😀😀
I’d want to see some more players put in a shift in pre season first

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I don't want this reply to sound dismissive as that's not the intent. On the contrary, it's great to see this thread back and I can't wair for the season to start. International football is a Poundland substitute.

I've lost a bit of track of who we've signed, where they play and all the rest of it. I'm not going to attempt to work it out and neither do I really care as I don't know who is any good yet. I'm just really looking forward to Everton away and wondering who the bloke running around on the wing is and working out what formation we are actually playing. I'm not looking forward to Dyche ball but you can't have everything.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will have a far better idea when the home friendly is played, as assume the starting players, will more than likely be starting at Everton.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On the assumption that FH will play the 3421 formation he had at SP, it'll be something like this:

---------------------------- Steele ------------------------
------- Van Hecke ----- Weiffer* ------ Dunk -----------
Hinshelwood ---- Enciso ------- Baleba ----------- Barco
------------- Minteh ---------------------- Mitoma -------
------------------------ Joao Pedro ------------------------

* if FH does set out with the 3421 formation he played at SP, then the middle CB has a very specific 'hybrid' role who moves into the DCM position once we gain possession, and slips back between the other two CBs when out of possession.
I think you are right.

However, there was a tweaked 2-4-1-3 system used in Japan where the No.10 was the extra man and rotated with the No.9.

This is probably too attacking for Everton away but could look something like this if Hürzeler’s starting 11s for the two games were his preferred players etc.

------------------------- Steele ------------------------
----——-- Van Hecke ----------- Dunk -------—
Lamptey ---- Enciso ------- Baleba --—----Barco
——— ------—-——Osman---------——- —————-Minteh---———-- Welbeck -------——----Mitoma

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry but with 3 at back I just have visions of Dunk defending out wide and we have seen what results of that can be. CBs and 2 FBs please

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think you are right.

However, there was a tweaked 2-4-1-3 system used in Japan where the No.10 was the extra man and rotated with the No.9.

This is probably too attacking for Everton away but could look something like this if Hürzeler’s starting 11s for the two games were his preferred players etc.

------------------------- Steele ------------------------
----——-- Van Hecke ----------- Dunk -------—
Lamptey ---- Enciso ------- Baleba --—----Barco
——— ------—-——Osman---------——- —————-Minteh---———-- Welbeck -------——----Mitoma
Osman won't start in the EPL. I would be surprised if he's not loaned out. Same with yalcouye. Two massive rookies.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Will have a far better idea when the home friendly is played, as assume the starting players, will more than likely be starting at Everton.
Ofc. I expect the starting 11 for Villarreal to be the same or thereabouts for Everton . Normally they match up.
Just interested if we can predict it this far out. Unlikely now that any new incoming - guessing were not finished yet - is going to go straight into starting line up given its 2 weeks away.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Steele

Van Hecke, Dunk, Webster

Lamptey, Baleba, Gilmour, Barco

Minteh, Mitoma

Enciso

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I agree with most of the above, but I'm surprised Milner isn't being mentioned by anyone.
I expect him to be a starter as I think his experience and football intelligence will be wanted to help organise things on the field.
Probably because he's 38 and has looked a bit finished for two years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here