Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Crawley Town (H) - Carabao Cup 2nd round

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We have plenty of first teamers who could do with minutes so hopefully we won’t put in too many of the under 21s who failed to beat Crawley last week.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Assuming that the social posts from Bart and Perverto Carlos mean they're playing...

Verbruggen

Pervis
Webster
Igor
Lamptey

Baleba (or maybe Dahoud or Yalcouye if they're in the building)
Ayari
Enciso

Gruda
Peupion
O'Mahoney
If players are possibly leaving (highlighted), I’m not sure what the benefit of playing them would be?

I think Gruda may be carrying an injury still and hasn’t settled into full training as yet.

————————--Verbruggen——————-
Hinshelwood—Webster——Baleba—-Estupiñán
—————O’Riley——————Ayari————
Minteh—————-Enciso—————-Adingra
————————Ferguson————————

A great first game for O’Riley to ease him into our system.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If players are possibly leaving (highlighted), I’m not sure what the benefit of playing them would be?

I think Gruda may be carrying an injury still and hasn’t settled into full training as yet.

————————Ferguson————————

Is O'Riley cleared to play?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
yep!

just looked it up to confirm but it was (can't quite work out the formation)

Button

Bong
Cochrane
Duffy (Yapi)
Roberts
A. Davies

Baluta
Jenks (Spong)
Richards

Gwargis
Connolly (Longman)

Villa had the likes of Target, Konsa, Elmohamady, Luiz, Hourihane, McGinn and brought on Grealish
Jesus…….

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
yep!

Button

Bong
Cochrane
Duffy (Yapi)
Roberts
A. Davies

Baluta
Jenks (Spong)
Richards

Gwargis
Connolly (Longman)

Villa had the likes of Target, Konsa, Elmohamady, Luiz, Hourihane, McGinn and brought on Grealish
Didn't Ben White play?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep was in the ground when the team was put up and couldn't get a bet on Villa, who were pretty long odds pre-game.
Great evening. Went with a mate and his Villa-supporting dad, then an idiot ran out in front of my car at the lights on Village Way post-match. Luckily wasn’t injured but I had a near-£5k repair bill 🙄

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

————————Ferguson————————

As others have said, O'Mahoney is likely to play before departing on loan to Pompey - not disputing your point but seems like it's what the club want. Don't think Ferguson is going to be ready to start, if he plays at all.

I can't find any concrete info about Peupion leaving imminently and the only other option I can think of is Mazilu but Cameron would (based on involvement so far) be the more likely to start.

Can't see any players who started on Saturday, starting tonight. Think O'Riley may come off the bench with an eye on including him on Saturday. My guess selection would be a weird appearance for Dahoud alongside Ayari. Maybe just to prove he's a real person and available for transfer?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Lamptey was on the bench on Saturday. Surely he starts? With Rutter cup-tied and O'Riley not with the squad for long enough, hopefully:

Verbruggen
Lamptey Webster Igor Estupinan
Gruda Baleba Ayari Adingra
Enciso
Ferguson

Yalcouye, O'Mahony and ACD to get minutes if loans are not already arranged. Offiah and Samuels on the bench to allow both full backs to not play the whole game.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
yep!

Button

Bong
Cochrane
Duffy (Yapi)
Roberts
A. Davies

Baluta
Jenks (Spong)
Richards

Gwargis
Connolly (Longman)

That team fared three goals better than the full team that we sent to Villa Park last season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As others have said, O'Mahoney is likely to play before departing on loan to Pompey - not disputing your point but seems like it's what the club want. Don't think Ferguson is going to be ready to start, if he plays at all.

I can't find any concrete info about Peupion leaving imminently and the only other option I can think of is Mazilu but Cameron would (based on involvement so far) be the more likely to start.

Can't see any players who started on Saturday, starting tonight. Think O'Riley may come off the bench with an eye on including him on Saturday. My guess selection would be a weird appearance for Dahoud alongside Ayari. Maybe just to prove he's a real person and available for transfer?
Peupion struggled for the U21s against Crawley’s mostly second string. If he starts, Fab has been lying about trying to win the cup.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Lamptey was on the bench on Saturday. Surely he starts?

We're open to offers for him (Lamptey) alongside Moder and Dahoud according to this, so depends if we want to take the risk of injury... And with Lamptey it's always high risk!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Watched the ManU game on the box but I like to listen to the local radio commentary alongside it. Normally get it through MyAlbionDigital and link to the BHAFC web page but on Saturday I couldn’t find any link.
Might have to be away from tv and reliant on the digital commentary tonight. Does anyone know where the hell I find it ???!!!!🤣🤣🤣

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Not sure if I missed something about a loan/injury but quite fancy Jensen Weir to get a start, featured in pre-season and has continued to train with the first team recently

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We're open to offers for him (Lamptey) alongside Moder and Dahoud according to this, so depends if we want to take the risk of injury... And with Lamptey it's always high risk!

If that's true, I just hope he goes somewhere close enough to still get dinner invitations round to the Welbs family.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Watched the ManU game on the box but I like to listen to the local radio commentary alongside it. Normally get it through MyAlbionDigital and link to the BHAFC web page but on Saturday I couldn’t find any link.
Might have to be away from tv and reliant on the digital commentary tonight. Does anyone know where the hell I find it ???!!!!🤣🤣🤣
Link is usually on the ‘match centre’ page

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here