Haywards Heath
This is what I'd like to see, as opposed to what Sami will pick:

--------------- Stockdale -----------------
Bruno ---- Greer ----- Dunk ----- Bennett
--------- Ince ------------ Holla ----------
Colunga -------- Crofts ---------- Teixiera
------------------ CMS -------------------

Subs: Walton, Hughes, Toko, JFC, McCourt, KLL, Baldock
With KLL and Baldock to come on around about, or soon after, the hour mark. And a further sub too if necessary.
I wouldnt start either Crofts or Corlunga dont think either have shown enough to warrant starting and we look better if they dont start and can come on if needed

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
--------------- Walton -----------------

Can't believe we paid over a million for Stockdale and on a 3 year contract. Sexy Pete MK 2.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I wouldnt play either or I would start with both as at Ipswich. Together no team will have a moment to rest. We dropped the attacking rate once CMS was replaced at Ipswich and their defence was able to relax and get forward hence 2 goals.

I was at Ipswich, and felt cms should have come off far sooner than he did. I would have swopped him for tex though not Colunga.
You mention Ipswich didn't have a moment to rest yet we created next to nothing from open play.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was at Ipswich, and felt cms should have come off far sooner than he did. I would have swopped him for tex though not Colunga.
You mention Ipswich didn't have a moment to rest yet we created next to nothing from open play.
What about the 3 saves that Gerkin had to make to save certain goals. The moment CMS was taken off their defence moved 10 - 15 yds further up the field towards the halfway line thus pushing us further back until then they had been contained further back by Baldock uand CMS running at them in space.

Lua Lua should have been replaced by Tex after 55-60 mins.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
What about the 3 saves that Gerkin had to make to save certain goals. The moment CMS was taken off their defence moved 10 - 15 yds further up the field towards the halfway line thus pushing us further back until then they had been contained further back by Baldock uand CMS running at them in space.

Lua Lua should have been replaced by Tex after 55-60 mins.

Fairly simple saves, other than dunks header, and nothing of note from cms that I remember. Remember baldock had a shot saved in the first half. Most of our attacking play in the final third was hugely forgettable.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Fairly simple saves, other than dunks header, and nothing of note from cms that I remember. Remember baldock had a shot saved in the first half. Most of our attacking play in the final third was hugely forgettable.

Not sure about 'simple' saves - the Ipswich keeper knew very little about two of these - and at least one chance hit him when he was already beaten. The third (from Baldock) was a very decent fingertip save at full stretch when the Albion were on top and kept Ipswich in the game at that point. I recall remarks at that time along the lines of: 'if only Stockdale could show us that he can make saves like that'. He duly delivered in the 2nd half with a great reflex save. Pity about their 2nd goal though......ahem.

Ipswich fans said after the game how relieved they were when CMS was taken off just as he was getting on top of the CBs as they tired. Colunga played a bit wider and was in Tyrone Mings pocket (an impressive performance by their no.3) which in turn allowed their CBs concentrate on isolating Baldock and push forward.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the CMS and Baldock pairing again, but they need better service than on Tuesday night. They must have Teixeira in support or to cause problems of his own. Too many balls were just lumped forward in the general direction of CMS and our crosses were poor. No wonder Baldock and CMS struggled to create chances in their final third.

As suggested earlier I feel we could do with O'Grady on the bench to give us a more physical option if required. An O'Grady / Baldock / Teixeira combo might be interesting too. KLL to be the impact player.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not sure about 'simple' saves - the Ipswich keeper knew very little about two of these - and at least one chance hit him when he was already beaten. The third (from Baldock) was a very decent fingertip save at full stretch when the Albion were on top and kept Ipswich in the game at that point. I recall remarks at that time along the lines of: 'if only Stockdale could show us that he can make saves like that'. He duly delivered in the 2nd half with a great reflex save. Pity about their 2nd goal though......ahem.

Ipswich fans said after the game how relieved they were when CMS was taken off just as he was getting on top of the CBs as they tired. Colunga played a bit wider and was in Tyrone Mings pocket (an impressive performance by their no.3) which in turn allowed their CBs concentrate on isolating Baldock and push forward.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the CMS and Baldock pairing again, but they need better service than on Tuesday night. They must have Teixeira in support or to cause problems of his own. Too many balls were just lumped forward in the general direction of CMS and our crosses were poor. No wonder Baldock and CMS struggled to create chances in their final third.

As suggested earlier I feel we could do with O'Grady on the bench to give us a more physical option if required. An O'Grady / Baldock / Teixeira combo might be interesting too. KLL to be the impact player.

I thought our build up play was ok but when the ball arrived in the final third we struggled to create any clear cut openings. The game was crying out for tex after 55 mins as BG referred to and I think we may have won the game had he been introduced much earlier. We thought he must have had some kind of knock.......

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I thought our build up play was ok but when the ball arrived in the final third we struggled to create any clear cut openings. The game was crying out for tex after 55 mins as BG referred to and I think we may have won the game had he been introduced much earlier. We thought he must have had some kind of knock.......

Hopefully Teixeira will start tomorrow and be a huge help with our quality in the final third.

As you suggest he may have been carrying a knock. Hyypia said he would rotate the squad for the Ipswich game and I guess he knows how crucial Teixeira will be to us this season, we had 3 games in 7 days so feels the need to protect him somewhat. Maybe Liverpool have a say in this too?

While I would love to see him as a fixture in the team I would accept Teixeira being on the bench again for the Burton game, so he is in good nick for Forest and Watford.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This is what I'd like to see, as opposed to what Sami will pick:

--------------- Stockdale -----------------

Subs: Walton, Hughes, Toko, JFC, McCourt, KLL, Baldock
With KLL and Baldock to come on around about, or soon after, the hour mark. And a further sub too if necessary.

Walton
Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett
Holla
Crofts
Ince
Colunga
Cms
Teixera

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports