peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Steele

Veltman, Dunk, Colwill

Lamptey, Gilmour, Caicedo, Mitoma

Sarmiento, Welbeck, Enciso

or something like that
Def not mitoma. He's in the Japan squad. Hope we only play players who were not world Cup squad bound in the Mickey mouse cup.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The strongest team we've got, please. Bugger handing over a place in the next round to Arsenal, and bugger the WC too!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'd quite like to see Miller from the reserves getting some game time. Whenever I watch the highlights on YouTube of their games he always seems to be the stand out attacking player and is all over the pitch.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The strongest team we've got, please. Bugger handing over a place in the next round to Arsenal, and bugger the WC too!
Indeed

Just one PL game before the break and not playing till Sunday. To beat Arsenal we need to use the best we have, they I’m sure will rest players

Yes my typo, last 16 not last 8

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Yup... all in on the league is the most sensible imho..

Call me cynical but I feel the cups these days are mainly a matter of "how much are you willing to sacrifice to go and lose 3-0 to City in a final?".

"Going for it" just costs more than it tastes.
Oh well let's not bother entering the cup competitions in the future and just concentrate on a top ten finish.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I would give Gilmour, Sarmiento and Undav a start and rest the legs of Gross, Lallana and welbeck
Yes would be good to see what they can do over 90 mins - plus maybe Colville and Van Hecke. If they’re good enough to be on the bench for EPL, then we shouldn’t worry if they’re good enough for a cup tie.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
A fabulous opportunity for some of the squad players to get game time.

McGill
Lamptey, Turns, Tsoungi, Colwill
Sarmiento, Gilmour, Moran, Enciso
Ferguson, Undav
This. Maybe Van Heck at CB, Welbeck for Ferguson and Steele in goal in case anything happens to Bob.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Steele.
Lamptey
Veltman
Dunk
Colwill
Turns
Sarmiento
Encisco
Gilmour
Mitoma
Undav.

McGill Offiah Ferguson Miller Webster Macallister Moran March Welbeck

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Surely no Prem team will play WC stars?!

League Cup has a little importance, but lesson learnt from Chillwell in the CL dead rubber, I would think.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely no Prem team will play WC stars?!

League Cup has a little importance, but lesson learnt from Chillwell in the CL dead rubber, I would think.
Lamptey is potentially going to the world cup with very few competitive minutes in his legs - that isn't actually going to help him at all, he probably needs a start.

To keep a squad happy and feeling they are all part of the team, I think you have to play some of those missing out recently.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, so let's have a cup run. Two more games before the break just put your strongest team out.
Caicedo's first appearance was in the League Cup, his second appearance in the FA Cup. At that time, you may well have been complaining we weren't putting our strongest team out.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Lamptey is potentially going to the world cup with very few competitive minutes in his legs - that isn't actually going to help him at all, he probably needs a start.

To keep a squad happy and feeling they are all part of the team, I think you have to play some of those missing out recently.
Reasonable.

I suppose you can give them the option to be considered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here