Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Bath vs Lewes (FA Trophy)

Best wishes to the mini-bus load of Rooks fans that Steve, James and I met in the club bar at Twerton Park yesterday - nice to see a Sussex side winning even if you are in the wrong half of the county.
Real supporters all - we could learn a few things from you.
Can't remember your driver's name (Dripping Pan's groundsman?) but hope you made it home OK. Maybe see some of you again at the next REMF match if it's at Lewes?

coleman.will

Feb 14, 2008
aren't they in the same part of the county?
and i do love lewes, used to go past their ground back in the day on the way to the skip down those windy 1 lane roads

With gates like that, I don't know why they need to use Twerton Park. The FA Cup tie v Mansfield was played on their own (campus?) ground.
Where do you reside?

I think pitch at Claverton Down is part of the University Sports Facilty and TB are required to have a proper ground now they're in the Blue Square South - hence the Twerton groundshare with Bath City, who are also in the BSS.
Crowd was low because of the dreadful weather and term finishing at both Bath Universities the previous week.
Lewes's tactics were quite similar to the Albion really except that:
1) They scored more than the opposition.
2) Their manager seems to admit his failings, limitations, inexperience etc.
The travelling Rooks supporters (15) were a very loyal and objective bunch.
I live in Rudgwick and the others, one STH like me and one "occasional", are from Wisborough Green and Pulborough - ie we're all from the better half of GOSBTS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here