Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team and formation for tuesday

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
seen that pickture of gully to the left of the article.

Does it make anyone else want to say " f*** off" or is that just me then:facepalm:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
.....................Kuipers..........................

Calderon.....Virgo.....Tunnicliffe........McNulty

............... Croft......Dicker...............

..........................Cox.......................

Bennett.....................................Carole

........................Murray.......................

I can really see this working. keeping two wide men rather than just the one I'm sure will bring the best out in Murray as well as giving McNulty less responsibiliy to cover 2 positions allowing him to play his more natural game. It'd be great to see Cox in the middle showing more attacking threat like he did under Wilkins by supporting Murray and feeding the wingers who would be in positions to cross for you know who, remember Cox can also score from range as we've seen in the past, something the Albion have lacked this season.
Dicker playing behind Cox would allow Cox more freedom to find space and get himself into more dangerous positions where he'd receive the ball alot more than he has in recent seasons, Dickers good distribution and Crofts ability to win possession gives us a potent midfield if you ask me especially when you remember what it was like having Thomson in the middle playing sideways or back passes and leaving any flair player ie Cox, Carole etc in no-mans land.
Tunnicliffe instead of Elphick because I'm not sure if my heart can take anymore of Elphicks flimsy defending and lack of height and pace not to mention his pathetic distribution.

We need to change things around a little and I reckon this would be a good shout.

that looks good to me. poyet's lopsided midfield clearly isn't working, cox plays much better through the middle than out wide and painter has been underwhelming at left back. full backs see a lot of the ball, you HAVE to play passing fullbacks to succeed in my book. still don't rate navarro at all. nice selections, good shout young man.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1. Alex Smithies

2. Lee Peltier

5. Peter Clarke (c)

7. Gary Roberts

8. Antony Kay

12. Tom Clarke

13. Dean Heffernan

17. Jordan Rhodes

19. Anthony Pilkington

35. Neal Trotman

36. Nathan Eccleston

Most likely

Trotman will be so looking forward to marking Murray again, after doing so well against him for Southampton...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Despite just 1 loss in 6 league games?

have you seen the league table?

not having a go at poyet just getting a bit frustrated with things. looking at the squad and having seen most of these players over the past few seasons, just not sure he's making the most of his resources at the moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
have you seen the league table?

not having a go at poyet just getting a bit frustrated with things. looking at the squad and having seen most of these players over the past few seasons, just not sure he's making the most of his resources at the moment.

Yup. Suggesting we get 4 points from our 2 games in hand (optimistic perhaps, but recent performances AND results would suggest it's completely possible), that would put us around 15th-16th.

I'd be ok with that. Being less pedantic and annoying though, I do agree that perhaps the lopsided midfield is not the best way to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here