Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team and formation for next season

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Before I start I am an absent fan who lives in Warwick and my wife works Saturdays so I have the kids, therefore this is based on what I have seen on tv, heard on radio and read about. The only game I saw last year was cov away so not going on that!

It seems to me that we need one more player. That is a strong tackling, ball playing centre mid. A poor man's yaya toure. I know there is discussion for a big strong striker but do we need one? It would be good but I mean need.

It would make sense for us to set up 4 2 3 1.

The back five pick themselves bar dunk or el abd.

If we had birdcutt alongside the player mentioned above we could then have kaz, Vicente and Buckley behind cms.

Is gus against such a formation? To me it seems The way forward.

Gus wants us to play like Spain and man city so let's do it!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
But gus does not like two wingers though does he? I think Buckley and kaz/noone can play not as wingers. Barnes could play up top if cms out*

* cue demands for me to be banned.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Barnes starts every week when people predict him to be dropped constantly. Calderon was one of our best players in the second half of last season. Poyet rarely plays two wingers yet we have four. There should be at least two more players arriving and could still be players exiting. We have to find a formation where we win with Vicente. Let's face it, none of us have a scooby.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A touch more direct? well maybe replace the word direct with incisive in the final 3rd?

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
People saying that Gus doesn't like playing two wingers - the only reason he hasn't to date is because the rest of the team hasn't been solid enough. That will be different this season. Expect 4-4-2.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
People saying that Gus doesn't like playing two wingers - the only reason he hasn't to date is because the rest of the team hasn't been solid enough. That will be different this season. Expect 4-4-2.

One thing I will never expect from a Brighton side under Gustavo Poyet is 4-4-2. He doesn't like it and I can't see us playing it.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
One thing I will never expect from a Brighton side under Gustavo Poyet is 4-4-2. He doesn't like it and I can't see us playing it.

Well there's 4-4-2 and there's 4-4-2. There will still be huge flexibility with players given the freedom to roam around, so no it won't be a rigid 4-4-2, but it will be more like that than anything else - the point is there will be space for two of Noone, Lua Lua and Buckley rather than just one.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

It would be his dream-really it would

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So where is Harley playing? :whistle:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought he said it last season, Maybe I'm going mad.

He has always favoured 4-4-2 as a base going 4-2-4 when in attack with loosening to 6-4-0 during box overload and if we need to really push 2-2-6 to save a game... :lolol:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Kuszczak
Saltor, El Abd, Greer, Bridge
Barnes, Navarro, Bridcutt,
Vicente, Lua Lua
CMS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here