Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

teacher presents at half term....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Should the schools not be issuing letters stating that the giving of presents to teachers is forbidden. Clearly the giving of gifts discriminates against children from poorer backgrounds who will no doubt be upset that they have nothing to give to the teacher.

Given the tight controls I am subjected to at work in relation to hospitality I assume that the teachers are declaring all gifts and declining any over a modest value.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Do you have schools leavers hoodies there yet and a big ball when they leave school ?
All that and more here, utter tripe.
The day I left school, I was the last one out.
As I was leaving there was a shout, "oi".
I turned around and saw it was the caretaker, sweeping the corridor.
He then added, "Close the gate on your way out".
I thought, that's another chapter over and done with.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
My best present was from my Year 11s a couple of years back - a signed Albion shirt - albeit signed by the pupils not the players.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
After my sons first year at school, his teacher announced she was moving abroad. On the final day I was staggered by the presents that some parents had bought for her.................. about five or six house plants!!! just what you need when moving away.

I gave her a blow up crocodile.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The wife just asked me what we should get our six year olds teacher as a gift for half term....

W.T.F....

When did this start ?

I am not a adverse to a gift at christmas or end of year as a thank you, but come on....

The wife assures me other parents do this... Do they ?

It just seems too much and possibly not fair on families that all ready struggle with finances to have more expectations on them and their children to match the other kids. I see supermarkets already have cashed in with cards at the end of the year handily placed near chocolate or wine....

Come on does this go on, I don't agree...

But will ultimately be bypassed...

It hasn't started, it's creeping Americanism AGAIN!

It's odd that so many people now take very expensive gifts in. When my lad left Primary School we gave the teacher a small token of our appreciation and a hand written letter explining what we felt in terms of the support, development and care they'd shown to our child, she was as pleased, if not more pleased, with that than some of the expensive gifts from parents. (Or was she?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here