Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Why does everyone feel the need to drink about 64 cups of this bland crap a day in this country? Its boring as hell.

Are we just trying to get out of doing work? Discuss.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
You could say the same about all the frappe and other tosh that Starbucks purvey. What is it other than sweetened, coloured water, and yet people are willing to pay £3.50 for it. Tea and coffee contain caffeine; I suspect that is what the craving is for.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never drink tea at work, but getting home at the end of the day and having my one cuppa of the day is almost up there with a BHA victory over Palace. Fantastic.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What makes me smile about buying coffee (sorry to hi-jack the thread) - is that to charge £2.50 for basically grains with hot water and hot milk - there needs to be a process that somehow justifies the charge. But that takes time. So as a customer you end up waiting what can be a long time to be over-charged. Funny old world.

A cup of tea with a (must be Chocolate) biscuit are nice, I'll grant you. Maybe twice a day. But why people feel the need to have any more than two cups a day is a total mystery to me.

I generally have FIVE cups a day: one in the morning, three at work (9:00, 11:30 and 2:00) and one when I get home. Any more than that though and you can feel a bit teaed-out.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
A cup of tea with a (must be Chocolate) biscuit are nice, I'll grant you. Maybe twice a day. But why people feel the need to have any more than two cups a day is a total mystery to me.

At work you're limited with choice, so it's either water (which does get bland), or tea or coffee. Unless you want to supply your own beverages. I'm more than happy to get through 4, 5 or 6 cups of tea each day :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A morning ritual in our house is 1 cup for me and 3 cups for my wife and nobody can talkto her until she has had her 20 minutes or so drinking her tea and preparing herself for the day ahead. She refuses to buy coffee from the likes of Costa and Strarbucks but buys filtered coffee or tea when out. I only have a diet coke or pepsi max.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Have probably had 10-15 cups of tea in my life, just find it so so bland and tasteless. Dont understand how someone can enjoy drinking 5 or 6 cups a day.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

You clearly have never learned to make a decent cuppa

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tea at work is probably a bit of an excuse to stop and chat for a few minutes in most cases I think.

Besides, I hate coffee, which is the DEVIL's drink, but far more sociable (nobody ever suggests meeting for tea, do they?).

I laugh in the face of people who pay three quid for a coffee.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tea is BRILLIO

And I would drink LOADS, in fact I do!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I drink 5 or 6 cups of peppermint tea every day................................"keeps you regular" as my old nan used to say :thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Chocolate biscuits should be taken with COFFEE, not tea.

I bloody love tea. Made correctly it's anything BUT bland.

Correct

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here