Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea......

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Try this if you like smooth tea.

Milk in the cup. Add tea bag then immediately add boiling water. Mix with spoon till the colour is spot on. Remove the tea bag, sugar and drink.

Having the milk present during brewing changes the chemistry and the taste.:thumbsup:

This always used to be a question in the days of loose tea (as opposed to tea bags) made in the pot and poured out through a tea strainer - milk in first (MIF) or tea in first (TIF)? Somehow now with tea mostly made in the cup (in my house anyway) it seems more usual for the tea to be made and the milk added afterwards.

Will certainly give the MIF a go!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
strong but not stewed, dash of milk.

method:

heat mug with hot water whilst kettle is boiling...dump out water and add teabag just before pouring (if making more than one mug, return kettle to heat source briefly before pouring into each mug...water temperature is the key to good tea), swish the bag around for a bit and then leave for about a minute before squeezing bag on side of mug and discarding...add just enough milk so it doesn't look like coffee. oh yeah, add sugar only if you are a lady or a gay.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Not too weak or strong, milk, no sugar - can't stand sugar in tea although I've a really sweet tooth.
I put the teabag in the mug, press the button on my Tefal Quick Cup, 27 seconds later add the milk and, hey presto - bob's your uncle!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Earl Grey is Satan's tea.

Indeed. I visited the Indian Tea Board in Calcutta once. The guy I spoke to there, reckoned it was "sweepings off the factory floor", with a dash of bergamot oil added simply to disguise that fact.

Darjeeling for me. Just hot water, no milk or sugar. Any will do for daily use, but FTGFOP (that's "Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe to you) for special occasions. Or Assam.

I'm also quite partial to proper Indian "chai" - no water, just tea leaves, milk and sugar boiled up together (sometimes with a cardomom pod)...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Darjeeling is brilliant. The 'champagne of teas' Just hot water and no sugar.

For everyday beverages, I have PG Tips. Milk and no sugar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here