Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Taylor Swift concerts cancelled in Austria.due to terror threat

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Nope, the joke was the shared play on words / if someone had misheared. Nothing to do with laughing at peoples situation. Or terrorism or anything else so dark. That deduction is a massive leap others have made instead, mistakenly and maybe even malevolently, to then vent their spleen. I feel like I’ve accidentally wandered into someone’s firing range granted. That and at no point was I joking about terrorism or peoples disappointment. I suppose I should have been wise in hindsight to someone drawing such a conclusion. But as said, it was harmless in intent quip play on words. The subsequent accusations are a little strong and rather OTT IMO, including your further steps into what iffery.

FWIW, I humbly apologise for any offence taken - even to those who won’t accept. Because it was never intended nor about terrorism. Time to leave NSC alone perhaps. Emotions running high, I accept this. Ciao fellas and bellas :)
I have read every word of your reply and accept what you say but still don't understand the need to make a 'play on words' on such a serious incident. The use of 'play on words' is associated with humour - so I still think it was totally inappropriate for the circumstances.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 13.29.08.png

Your immediate response back to @EliasTaproot was also very poor - as if you didn't like being called out on your unfunny play on words.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
There's definitely an idiot involved, but it certainly isn't @EliasTaproot.

You made a joke that was weak, regardless of the situation. Throw the situation in, that has well been outlined above, and you've managed to achieve both terrible joke and crass context. Well played.

See my further post. And yes weak is fair comment but sure you’ve made weak jokes before. I now at least know the audience! Will do better next time.
It's actually very emotionally immature to react quickly with an insult, toddler like. Perhaps pause for a second and breathe in and out slowly!

Toddlers can’t speak like that, but I again humbly apologise for my rashness and sharp retort. There are just somedays and sometimes and some people when we all just want to scream and let it all out in response. Maybe the last few days have been getting to me also? Counting to 10 and breathing slowly is indeed a far better response indeed and good advice thank you. One I often do but occasionally, we do all curse and beep the horn etc. I’m only human, of flesh and blood am made :)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I have read every word of your reply and accept what you say but still don't understand the need to make a 'play on words' on such a serious incident. The use of 'play on words' is associated with humour - so I still think it was totally inappropriate for the circumstances.

View attachment 186757

Your immediate response back to @EliasTaproot was also very poor - as if you didn't like being called out on your unfunny play on words.

Well now we’re rapidly disappearing down a rabbit hole by that response. Humour, which I often use as deflector even in darkest of circumstances, is enormously subjective. I guess you’ve just got to take it from me and many many others who do similarly including the very best comics that there’s no intent to offend. And I think you’re now going a little bit too deep into the warren when all I intended was to play outside and nibble on some cowslip. So let’s leave there. Belongs to a whole other topic! Cheers.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Some of NSC's finest are currently in Vienna for one of the Taylor shows & despite the obvious disappointment of the cancelations, the Swifties took to the streets last night & created their own gig.

It looked amazing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some nice scenes in Austria today, thousands of kids met up in a central square and sang her songs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here