Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Taylor Swift at Wembley?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fair enough to all those saying they’d rather do [insert something they’d hate to do instead here].

I’m not going but I love to :shrug:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Went to Edinburgh to see her 2 weekends ago, it was outstanding and certainly not middle of the road music. Quite simply the most astonishing concert I’ve been to, and I’ve been to several hundred. Everything about it exceeded the hype surrounding this tour.

We loved it so much we’re off to Vienna in August for another go.

We gave Wembley a swerve simply because it’s a shithole, in a shithole. Edinburgh was just spectacular all weekend, and Vienna isn’t a bad place to be either.

Oh, and with the majority of the crowd being under 18, there were pretty much zero queues for the bar.
Quite jealous. I've never seen her live, but having heard all the hype I watched one of her Vegas shows on Disney+. It was extremely good and I imagine it must be a great live experience. Ok musically it's not quite my cup of tea, but I still enjoyed it. Her material is excellent and she's a great performer.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought Taylor Swift was a left back we were in for.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Went to Edinburgh to see her 2 weekends ago, it was outstanding and certainly not middle of the road music. Quite simply the most astonishing concert I’ve been to, and I’ve been to several hundred. Everything about it exceeded the hype surrounding this tour.

We loved it so much we’re off to Vienna in August for another go.

We gave Wembley a swerve simply because it’s a shithole, in a shithole. Edinburgh was just spectacular all weekend, and Vienna isn’t a bad place to be either.

Oh, and with the majority of the crowd being under 18, there were pretty much zero queues for the bar.
A colleague took her daughter to Edinburgh for this and had a similar experience.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm taking my daughter and two granddaughters in August - not sure who is more excited!
You’ll have the best time. Accept you may well get covered in glitter, you’ll also be asked to make and wear friendship bracelets, and you’ll find the atmosphere so happy, and emotional. For an event with so many people I’ve never been in such a friendly and happy environment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of curiosity, and having read a lot about her, her songwriting and the way she conducts herself and the people she works with etc I finally gave some of her albums a listen. They're very good but 'm not a huge fan, BUT, and this is a big BUT, I totally get how she connects with so many and why she is this phenomenon. You do not have to be a huge fan, or a fan at all, to understand this. She really is an artist in the truest sense and a force of nature. And if someone had a spare ticket I'd certainly go to witness this...she's a once in a generation or two musician.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
My daughter is going to Wembley on Sunday with her mates and their family, first gig I haven't had to go with her. Can't say I'm too disappointed... am looking forward to Bludfest in August though, headlining act is YungBlud... that's more my thing. Love going to gigs with my daughter. She has come to Madness and The Specials with me along with From the Jam.... We love our music...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
She is a very average pop singer so not for me. That said I thought the same of Robbie Williams until I was dragged along to one of his concerts years ago by the then Mrs WS and a couple of friends and he was great. It was helped that he regularly yelled at the audience "Get your tits out for me" and many women of many ages obliged ;)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Managed to get my daughter a ticket as she was desperate to go, for her 22nd birthday present. Really over priced but I understand how much it means to see your favourite musician and the memories live with you for a lifetime. Luckily was in a financial position to be able to afford it. I imagine there is thousands or young people disappointed ☹️

Me and her dad have taken her to concerts since she was young, she going with a friend this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here