Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor Richards

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Good progress being made here.

Another loan to a decent Championship side next year.

Sink or swim with us the following year.

That would be my plan anyway

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Be surprised if we keep him, didn’t quite make it here

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
His contract when he signed was announced as a two year contract, so he would indeed be out of contract this summer. I suspect we might have an option for a further year, though.
I just found out about further year options for March and Walton which I didn't know about - which shows you the albion do like an unannounced option year.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Seeing as it seems we paid a couple of million for him, there's no way we just let him walk away in the summer right when he's showing the potential we invested in. We'll have either triggered an extra year on his contract, or negotiated a new contract. Next year it'll be a loan to Championship, & then its decision time on keep or sell, same as Ben White.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seeing as it seems we paid a couple of million for him, there's no way we just let him walk away in the summer right when he's showing the potential we invested in. We'll have either triggered an extra year on his contract, or negotiated a new contract. Next year it'll be a loan to Championship, & then its decision time on keep or sell, same as Ben White.

Could have - should have - must have - surely there's no way, etc., etc. All very well, but it would be good to find out if we actually have!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Be surprised if we keep him, didn’t quite make it here

What are you basing that on? He's just turned 20 and made his first team and professional debut in last seasons League Cup just a couple of months after joining from Man City. He played 14 times for the U23s in PL 2 last season scoring 5 goals and getting 2 assists before it was cut short by the pandemic.

Sanchez and White are both 23 and before this season had a grand total of 2 first team appearances for us between them (both for White in the League Cup). It's far to early to say Richards hasn't made it with us. He's following the same path a lot of our youngsters have by going out on loan to get experience. I'm fairly certain we'll have an option on him for next season as that follows on with what we've had for a lot of our players and we'll see him being tested in the Championship next season.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah fair play I thought Richards was a bit older. I got the impression he had been training with the first team last season and was disappointed not to have any match time even in cups (?) so got the feeling he may not make it with us, but he’s having a decent L1 season, so have to see what next season presents

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Yet another exciting prospect. Let's hope we have that 1-year option or can extend before it runs out. Alzate came straight from a League 1 loan to the first-team so it wouldn't be implausible.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He is a serious talent and he must have had the further year taken up for us to loan him out. He's got a big future with us and I don't believe we wouldn't protect our investment as we have with every other young player.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Andy Naylor [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorBHAFC
·
4m
Former Man City midfielder Taylor Richards is flying on loan to Doncaster.
He scored his third goal in as many games yesterday (five in the last nine). #BHAFC
“Depending on how well I do this season, hopefully, we can get something done (new contract).”

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He will be in our central midfield next season after Biss goes to de@rse for £125m.

TNBA

TTF

He’s going to have a fair bit of competition with Moder, Moises, Molumby all fighting for that position with Gross and Biss!

I suspect Taylor will be loaned to a Championship club next season, and all goes well will be his “Ben White” phase (minus the Leeds type nonsense).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would say he is absolutely nailed on for a contract extension, and nailed on to be given a chance to impress in pre-season.
From what i've seen he needs to develop a bit, mostly physically, but he definitely has a real natural ability.
20 is still so young. Biss is what, 24?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here