Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TAXI For WENGER

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a bit of a soft spot for Arsenal to be honest. I agree with what you say about how they changed the game and they spend within their means which are all worthy attributes. And whilst I think they will get hammered tonight I'm not looking forward to it.
I agree entirely with all of that. I'm quite looking forward to watching it tonight, and will be hoping Arsenal win. Usually I'm quite indifferent to the fortunes of "our" Champions League clubs.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm curious - why are so many people "looking forward" to Arsenal getting hammered? This is a club that revolutionised the way the game was played here in the '90s, IMO for the better.

I have nothing against Arsenal as a club, or Arsenal Wenger as a manager. He has been magnificent. But his time has passed, and he should already have left. He's now taking the team backwards with really ordinary players playing prominent roles in the team and they just don't deserve to be at a club of that size. Gervinho would be shit in any team in the world, for him to even be at Arsenal is embarassing for their scouting network and the club as a whole.

Bayern Munich are a fantastic team with brilliant players, and they are unquestionably German. Arsenal are English based and are nothing more than plodders under the current management. The time for Arsene to leave has long since passed. His reign should be remembered for completely revolutionising Arsenal and to an extent, English football. But it won't, it will be remembered for his stubborn refusal to leave when he was past his prime.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
It is ridiculous that a club of Arsenals size, history, revenue, academy,etc.... have not won a trophy for 8 seasons. For the prices they charge their STH I cannot not believe that there isn't a revolution up their. If anything they are getting further away from top spot. On a personal note I'm loving it... the in-laws are gooners!!!

All about opinions of course so no offence but you hear this trotted out so often, particularly by people shouting on the radio. Arsenal aren't perfect but they are the only one of the big club that isn't indulging in gross financial doping in this country over the last 5-10 years. As someone else says here Man U, City, Chelsea (and you could probably add Liverpool and a load of others) simply aren't playing by any sort of rules. In a way who cares, good luck to them (until of course it goes properly tits up like Pompy) but I totally admire Arsenal for trying to secure their own future for generations. They haven’t sold out to some foreign mental with a big wad. Don't listen to all those Chelsea fans with very short memories...they are defying gravity and it will all eventually f*** up royally.

On a slightly side note, it's also laughable that Arsenal fans or any other think it’s their go given right to win trophies or be in the top 4. It isn't. It's called life. I heard one of them on the radio bemoaning the amazing rollercoaster they've been on in these barren years. You f***ing what? Champions League every year since it began (probably, I haven't bothered to check), amazing players in an amazing debt free stadium, nearly paid for? Not a very scary rollercoaster.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm curious - why are so many people "looking forward" to Arsenal getting hammered? This is a club that revolutionised the way the game was played here in the '90s, IMO for the better.

Agreed. If we were talking about Chelsea, on the other hand....

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The majority of the tabloid media have had it in for Wenger for many years now. I don't blame him for losing his rag yesterday. Having to answer loaded question after loaded question. I can't help but think he would be given far more respect if he wasn't French. They'll probably get beaten over the 2 legs against Bayern, but in the back of my mind i recall Liverpool being knocked out of the FA Cup at Burnley in 2005. They looked average at best. We all know what happened next.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bayern are on a ridiculous run of form at the moment, won the last 5 without conceeding? But I think Arsenal have a good chance of getting a result at the Emirates, can't see them progressing though.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Arsenal need a new upcoming manager with fresh ideas. Everyone has worked Arsenal out now, they're nowhere near as good as they once were. Arsene needs to go, I don't know what the board are playing at by offering him a new 2 year contract.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bayern are on a ridiculous run of form at the moment, won the last 5 without conceeding? But I think Arsenal have a good chance of getting a result at the Emirates, can't see them progressing though.

Bayern have conceded literally 2 or 3 goals away from home all season, they are so strong away it is amazing. If Arsenal get a goalless draw tonight they should consider themselves well placed in the tie. In a one-off match in the Allianz anything can happen.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's Wenger being stubborn over the years in the transfer Market that riles the fans there's money in the kitty to buy top players which they would of kept Van Persie , Nasri & Fabregas at the club if the club had shown ambition in moving forwards , Arsenal have been treading water by their standards & Wenger is now just content on finishing 4th every season to qualify for the champions league
The fans were fed a dream that they had to move out of Highbury (to the Emirates ) to compete with the top clubs of Europe & carry on winning trophies which they are not and the fans are paying the highest prices to watch 2nd rate players to those that they watched and won trophies at Highbury , since the move to the Emirates the trophy cabinet is bare

It's more about Arsenal and Wenger trying to bring some sense to the ridiculous situation that the premier league, and football in general, has got itself into with ridiculous wages and transfer fees. I am not an Arsenal fan or follower by a long stretch but think he is a great manager and wish Arsenal well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The destruction has started.

Dandyman

In London village.
Played Bayern - the scum were "outclassed" (to quote Lee Dixon).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here