Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

taxi drivers..

In Bogota, the cabbie drove a van that was overheating, so he pulled over, tugged the cover off the engine (which was between the front seats) and popped the radiator filler cap off.
There was an inevitable geyser of boiling water and steam that hit the ceiling as we passengers dove for cover.

I called that dickhead a few choice words I can tell you! :angry:

Luckily, there was not a whole lot of water left in it, so we escaped painful scalding injuries.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Easy 10 said:
Yeah, the old man-slag. Hard to turn him down though.
I don't know what I ever saw in you. You did like having your facial hair sucked though, admit it.

Springal said:
We're stood outside, 9:20 still nothing, so we ring "oh its been one of them days" erm how about you ring us and tell us. cancelled that one and got a good A2B taxi that turned up within 5 minutes, as stated!
When I worked for East Sussex County Council, we had a public helpline with the number 474747.

Which - as most Brightonians will know - is very like Streamline Taxis' 747474.

In the run up to Christmas, there were always drunks phoning us up to try to book a cab. An amazing number were just incredibly abusive, right from the start of the call.

The polite ones got given the correct phone number. The arseholes were simply told to wait where they were for 45 minutes and a cab would turn up.

Ho ho ... what japes.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
They are the stars of our planet,and deserve their £28,000 a week,plus tips.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
My point is how the F they think they deserve a price increase FOUR times what everyone else gets on already inflated prices with lots of tips!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Once I got a late night taxi from Brighton Station to halfway up Elm Grove. Unfortunately, he took me via Queens Park. I pointed this out, and he made some feeble 'sorry, mate' reply, and I told him I would only pay him the going rate for the correct route. He still moaned, but I told him that was his lot. I phoned the taxi firm in question, quoted his number and asked if they might have a word with him.

I also had the world's slowest taxi driver who took me from town to the Downs Crematorium driving at 18mph in fifth gear, horribly labouring his engine, a couple of weeks ago.

But that is two stories in probably over 200 taxi journeys I have ever taken across Brighton & Hove, so I can't complain. Basically, I want taxi drivers to drive me from where they pick me up to the place I want to go in the safest, shortest and quickest time possible, and, unless it's someone I know, I want them to belt up when they want to give me their opinion on Falmer / Tony Blair / the traffic / the weather / the price of... anything. I'm really not f***ing interested. I don't think that's too much to ask.

And Neil, if I am in Burgess Hill, I will certainly look out for Albion Taxis. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
If Carlsberg made taxi drivers...

The Large One said:
I want taxi drivers to drive me from where they pick me up to the place I want to go in the safest, shortest and quickest time possible, and, unless it's someone I know, I want them to belt up when they want to give me their opinion on Falmer / Tony Blair / the traffic / the weather / the price of... anything. I'm really not f***ing interested. I don't think that's too much to ask.

:clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here