Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tax the Obese - More NI Contributions for the Super Size

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Its a scary thought. Most annoyingly again the people who have paid their taxes, worked hard are the ones that are paying. This country seriously needs to take a look at itself. Where is the reward for working hard in this country and doing the right thing?.

I see most people just living day to day to pay for the shit created by the greedy bastards who took it all when things where great, where are they now?

The ones that annoy me most are the benefits cheats, bankers and guess what the banks are still getting away with it, with our money. Also the Tories are doing what they did in the early 90's slowly piece by piece screwing things up. Who was it who privatised the trains? That would be the tories and the trains are overpriced and still shit now.

I couldn't agree more :clap:

markw

Aug 28, 2009
I am 6ft, 21 stone, bmi around 44 and pay £97 ni and £900 tax a week, you want me to pay more?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Or perhaps like smoking, jack up the prices for really really disgusting and unhealthy food?

Rustlers Microwaveable Burgers, for starters. £7.00.

Spot on.

It is cheaper to purchase chips, burgers, etc from the likes of Iceland & Lidl, than buy enough fruit & veg to have your five-a-day.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Spot on.

It is cheaper to purchase chips, burgers, etc from the likes of Iceland & Lidl, than buy enough fruit & veg to have your five-a-day.

Agree with this totally, tax should be levied based on the impact the product (food, drink, fags, etc) have on your health and the burden that over-consumption places on the NHS...thus it is cheap for someone to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you want to overdo it or screw your body up, you pay for the privelage!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Spot on.

where does this bollocks come from? potatoes are ~£1.50/KG, carrots 75p Kg, diced beef £3.50 - thats beef cassarole for family £5.75. bake potatoes £1ea, beans 60p, cheese £2 (few meals). make a spagbol with a fancy made sauce for under £5. and thats waitrose/sainsbury prices, lidl does all that for half price.

burgers, chips, pizzas, ready made meals are just convenient, not cheaper.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I know exactly what you mean. My wife goes to weight watchers and has been for the last 5 years, does all the right things and yet finds it hard to lose weight, like myself.

The Right thing is to burn more calories than you eat. Simple

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Australia is looking at tax on fast food and have been for a while. It's obviously the way forward and I don't understand why it isn't done. Governments do it to smokers, so why not obesity?

you actaully want the government to directly interfer in the food that you purchase? how's it going to work, 1p per gram of fat maybe? does a tub of margerine pay the same as a tub of butter (different fats)? maybe base it on preconceptions of healthy food, get taxed on a chicken burger at McDs (low fat), no tax on a salad (with fat full dressing) from Pret? does a pound of raw mince for a cottage pie get taxed as much as 4 pack of raw burgers? what about the carbs, wont someone think of the carbs? Bread, pasta, rice are full of calories, thats why we eat them the first place. how to tax someone who just eats too much, or the wrong types or the wrong quantites?

government food consumption regulation, just what we want.:US:

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
great idea and while we're at it can we tax tall people based on a £'s per inch above the national average - they should also have to pay extra for clothes as they use significantly more material.

then we could have a tax on really thin people just because they look so gross and set a bad example to kids who grow up thinking they have to starve or barf up their food so they look right. I would suggest £5 per visible rib

who else? Short people! No reason - just for being short - I mean they deserve it don't they because otherwise people wouldn't use them as the butt of jokes ............ talking of which, the Irish (and all other "foreigners" really - you know, anyone with a funny accent) they should definitely be taxed more

:US::US:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I really don't like fat people,why on earth do people get to that state?
Bloody society of weak lazy people:angry:

To bloody right they should foot the bill

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
=if(Cakehole>Arsehole , NIContribution*1.1 , NIContribution)

ees not complicated!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It's your hands, not your glands!

There was some chozzer on the front of the Sun or the Mirror recently, I forget which, essentially he weighed something like 28 stone and was complaining about how unfair life is because he's not eligible for a gastric band operation (or something like that) on the NHS until he weighed 30stone. So the fat git was whining about he feels FORCED to stuff his face to reach 30stone as a result, so he can have the op.

Hey, here's a couple of tips, Fatty: instead of filling your face with pies to get to 30stone, just so you can lose some weight, how about you EAT LESS and EXERCISE MORE, that way you will just lose weight of your own accord! AND you won't have to undergo potentially life threatening major surgery! Amazing!

Here's another tip: if you stopped eating so much, you'd probably save fifty quid a week on fried products alone, and you might even be able to PAY for the surgery privately.

Why do these people think they have some kind of entitlement to NHS surgery when they are, by and large, fat because of the lifestyle choices they have made? Is it morally acceptable for (say) people waiting for hip replacements through no fault of their own, to end up spending ages on waiting lists because the operating theatres are being used to enable the terminally lazy to take the easy way out?

This one word needs it's own place on the 'Funniest thing I've ever seen on NSC...'

Pissing myself :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
That's all well and good, but does anyone fancy a piece?

cadbury-milk-chocolate.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here