Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tax Self Assessment: Bunch of Arse

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Thanks

I probably do about 12000 business miles pa. Might be interesting to investigate the loan interest as well..

Thanks for the advice.

What's the going rate for a decent accountant / ifa these days?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
No problem, you were probably WORKING doing tax returns whilst I am busy sponging off the taxpayer working in the public sector

AHHHHHHHHHHH....Dont mention Tax Returns:censored:

"whilst I am busy sponging off the taxpayer".....lucky old you...no timesheets

:angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Timesheets, smymesheets. But you get paid a living salary while I scrape by on a public sector one. It's horses for courses I guess.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
El Presidente said:
Timesheets, smymesheets. But you get paid a living salary while I scrape by on a public sector one. It's horses for courses I guess.

Rather have a public sector salary up where you are than down in the south east. There's no comparison.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Saint Lennard said:
Rather have a public sector salary up where you are than down in the south east. There's no comparison.

But I have to feed my whippet and walk down cobbled streets unlike you, and we don't have Electricitee up here

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
El Presidente said:
But I have to feed my whippet and walk down cobbled streets unlike you, and we don't have Electricitee up here

Yeah but beer is not an extortionate price and even your take aways are cheap. We have to subsidise the grey and infirm that have come down from your part of the world.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can only afford to eat DUST for the rest of the month having written out a cheque to the Taxman today

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
I can only afford to eat DUST for the rest of the month having written out a cheque to the Taxman today

Should have done the return earlier and got it adjusted on your PAYE coding....Northern Dust is cheaper than that in the South East so you shouldnt be too hungry

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
Don't think my tax code could have borne the amount due!

so that public sector pay package cant be that bad then or are you the NSC investment Guru who should be helping sort out our pension worries?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I do one or two other things, such as being the Ginger Prince's love agent and book in his harem for him/

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
I do one or two other things, such as being the Ginger Prince's love agent and book in his harem for him/

christ your a super earner ...insist on cash...and spend it before the taxman finds out

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Well, I've just been round my old house on the offchance that they've been keeping my mail. Lo and behold, in the kitchen drawer, was a letter containing my password for the Inland Revenue Website.

Deep, deep joy.

I've just remembered the eight pounds in interest on a savings account and fifty quid I got for some work on the side, so have dutifully put those in.

Seems like every bastard in Britain is having the same idea... the Revenue website is the slowest thing I've ever been on.

EDIT: I've got 70p on my Co-op dividend card... should I put that on?

And what about the thirty or so quid I've made flogging stuff on Ebay?

Last edited:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
El Presidente said:

So why doesn't he do your tax return for free and well before the Jan deadline?? He's had a few Saturdays where he hasn't been at the Albion so there's no excuse. :lolol: :lolol:

Or are you his personal minder preventing the stalker too? :p

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given that I used to teach the GP accounting there is no way I am letting him near my tax return, I know how often he failed his exams before scraping through.

As for the stalker, the last time the police quizzed her about parking outside his house she claimed she was thinking of buying a house down his road, very scary indeed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here