Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was really impressed with him against the Antlers.

Just a friendly but the right-wing/right-back role really suited him. His positioning and passing were great and he looked fast and fit. He is also clearly a very nice guy and integrates well in the squad. But I notice his mentor has taken on another apprentice. There were two happy meals purchased after the 5-1 win and neither were for Tariq!

There are two Damocles Swords hanging over his continuing participation in our project. He has enterered the last year of his contract. It’s very unusual for us to use players in the first team as they play out their contract, especially one so young. Could this season be an exception?

Secondly, he is only ever a game or two away from yet another frustrating injury. 100% not his fault, he is just made that way.

Given his undoubted quality though, I suspect he’ll remain a squad player this year. Yes, they’ll be another right wing back signed for him to compete with for a place but I think he’ll be a great pick in the dozen or so games he’ll manage to be fit for us this season.

Him leaving on a free next summer is fine also. I suspect the constant injuries have have all but destroyed his transfer value. I hope he can find an understanding club happy with a dozen games a year when the time comes.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think he could be a late in the window decision. We’re clearly in the market for a new RB/RWB but we’re chasing some big fish and I suspect if we land one he’ll move and if we don’t, he’ll stay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here