Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Don't understand it, have the club put up a big banner advertising a fire sell, Lamptey, Gross, White, Bissouma. This will be unsettling for all of them. Can understand the need to sell one of them to save TBs pockets

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Brilliant.

“We hate Ashley, Ashley out”

“But can you keep investing money and splashing out on £30m+ players. And can you get Tariq Lamptey”.

It’s funny, but horrendously disrespectful to us. Why on EARTH would Lamptey leave us, with our owner and with Graham Potter, to join the toxic Geordies with Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce in charge. I’d love Warren to explain that.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Caicedo for Bissouma
Karbownik for Lamptey
Any of our many aspiring centre halves for White

If we wanted to we could £130m up with only a small decrease in ability and a chance given to the next crop. Like or not, producing or acquiring young players, giving them the opportunity then selling them on for a big profit if the plan to get us financially stable.

This.
Southampton have been doing this for some time. If we can lose £60 million with all that PL money plus full houses, the only way to balance the books is to produce players from the academy and sell them on.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Don't understand it, have the club put up a big banner advertising a fire sell, Lamptey, Gross, White, Bissouma. This will be unsettling for all of them. Can understand the need to sell one of them to save TBs pockets

Why? If we have good players this is what’s going to happen. See Dan’s comment below.

[tweet]1404694497007751168[/tweet]

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This.
Southampton have been doing this for some time. If we can lose £60 million with all that PL money plus full houses, the only way to balance the books is to produce players from the academy and sell them on.

It's an interesting perception about Saints. Van Dyke and Mane were massive sales 3 or 4 years ago, then it's back 5 to 7 years for Schneiderlin, Lovren, Shaw, Chambers and our very own Lallana. The recent sales of Targett and Hojberg were more tick over sales. Saints have created gòod cashflow with some statement business, but the flagship sales appear to have dried up now. We seem to be looking at a slightly different version with identifying and developing incredible talent to Big Six standards and valuations to match. The difference is subtle, but I think I'm saying Southampton are struggling to find star quality they are prepared or able to sell for big money. If they were, the buzz would be around selling Ward-Prowse. We, on the other hand, seem very open to creating a flow of players who could go for big money because the next in line are waiting and the inflow of funds would enable us to bring in even more potential stars. Exciting times.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's an interesting perception about Saints. Van Dyke and Mane were massive sales 3 or 4 years ago, then it's back 5 to 7 years for Schneiderlin, Lovren, Shaw, Chambers and our very own Lallana. The recent sales of Targett and Hojberg were more tick over sales. Saints have created gòod cashflow with some statement business, but the flagship sales appear to have dried up now. We seem to be looking at a slightly different version with identifying and developing incredible talent to Big Six standards and valuations to match. The difference is subtle, but I think I'm saying Southampton are struggling to find star quality they are prepared or able to sell for big money. If they were, the buzz would be around selling Ward-Prowse. We, on the other hand, seem very open to creating a flow of players who could go for big money because the next in line are waiting and the inflow of funds would enable us to bring in even more potential stars. Exciting times.

Agreed. Perhaps their supply has been restricted by other clubs investing in academies?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This.

But you can't rely on an uninterrupted supply. There's not much in the Southampton pipeline at the moment.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Caicedo for Bissouma
Karbownik for Lamptey

If we wanted to we could £130m up with only a small decrease in ability and a chance given to the next crop. Like or not, producing or acquiring young players, giving them the opportunity then selling them on for a big profit if the plan to get us financially stable.

This, this and this again! And yet there will still be people bleating that the recruitment team don't know what they're doing and Bloom is too tight with his money, and that if we don't fork out £30-£40-£50M for a Murray replacement striker this summer we are doomed.
:shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Caicedo for Bissouma
Karbownik for Lamptey

Yes, but selling them all at once means ripping up the team and semi-starting again.

Risky. Very, very risky.

Can't say I'm over happy about too many going in the same window.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Yes, but selling them all at once means ripping up the team and semi-starting again.

Risky. Very, very risky.

No one is gone yet, not even players we’d like to get off the books. Paper talk is just that. Yes, I’d be surprised if we didn’t sell either of White or Bissouma but let’s give the club some credit at valuing our best players eg turning down a bid of £40m for Ben White.
We do our business on the quiet. We don’t leak who we are interested in, whereas Arsenal for example are openly linked to numerous players.
Let’s hold our nerve until we hear something for sure.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Risky. Very, very risky.

Lamptey has played 19 games over two seasons, so about 25% of our matches. We’re hardly reliant on him. We have many options to replace White. We’re literally awash with young centre halves. Ostigard is next in line I’d have thought.

The risky one for me is Bissouma but he’s the one player who really is too good to stay another year.

I trust Tony implicitly. He’ll be weighing up risk and would do nothing that he Barber and Ashworth feel would damage the club and ultimately, risk his investment.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This, this and this again! And yet there will still be people bleating that the recruitment team don't know what they're doing and Bloom is too tight with his money, and that if we don't fork out £30-£40-£50M for a Murray replacement striker this summer we are doomed.
:shrug:

Hmmm. See how placing a huge pile of money on the pitch instead of 3 quality players goes when we start the new season…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Does anyone really believe there is any substance to this Lamptey to Spurs nonsence?

You think Daniel Levy is going to sign off on spending anything like 40 million on a player who only managed 12 games last season and has just recovered from an operation, a player that nobody knows if he is going to have recurring hamstring problems?

There is a reason Daniel Levy is known as being a bit of a tight arse, it's that he IS a bit of a tight arse. He has spent big in the past, but he is far from Stupid. I dont think he would sanction half that fee on Lamptey at the moment, not until Lamptey has proved he can last a lot more than 12 games without breaking down.

Therefore i think this whole story is, as i said at the start, nonsence.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Risky. Very, very risky.

Exactly, we have a much more settled starting 11. I would hate to see Lamptey go as I think he will be the difference between hanging on and a move up the table. White or Biss we do have cover for them and the return of 45 maybe 50 m would come in darn handy. But the idea of losing Biss, White and Lamptey all at once no thanks. And lets face it Bloom and the team are not financial raiders being instead fans of the club, so the club will always come first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here