Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Say it aint so! Love the guy, and I really hope he gets a contract extension and another chance to shine. He might have lost some pace after his first hamstring injury, but don't forget his brilliant MOTM performance when he got the chance in the Marseille away game, showing that he still has what it takes and still is plenty fast enough for Fabian's style. The fact that he can play on both sides could just mean that he's considered useful enough to keep around. Fingers crossed.
I think we can all relate to that but there's no room for sentiment in this business. Top fella but his injury fragility is a big risk

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Always thought he was a bit of one trick pony (ran very fast) and his delivery was questionable, but certainly had impact off the bench and when on his game he could win a game on his own. But overall don't think he is fit enough or consistently good to keep.
Poor man’s Peter Smith.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Always thought he was a bit of one trick pony (ran very fast) and his delivery was questionable, but certainly had impact off the bench and when on his game he could win a game on his own. But overall don't think he is fit enough or consistently good to keep.
I think he was overplayed quite heavily too. Was often thrown in when he wasn't fully fit which didn't help and in some games the plan seemed to be give the ball to Lamptey and see what he can do (Villa 3-0 away anyone?).

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Seems a wonderful human being and was amazing to watch in those early games. However there were a couple of games towards the end of last season where he played and it was almost felt we only had 10 men on the pitch.
He simply doesn’t trust his body anymore, which is an awful shame but you can’t get away with that at the top level.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
It's looking like he's probably off then. Makes sense for the club to cash in.

Was probably our most exciting player at the time he signed for us - the explosive pace he had making him the fastest player in the league. Shame about the injury.

Likeable player that will always deserve a clap if he plays against us in the future, but I would say that he's one of the players in the current squad that we've outgrown now.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Unfortunately for the lad his body is not up to Prem level of fitness and strength, Bloody good player though and I hope he goes on to have a good career.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Seems a wonderful human being and was amazing to watch in those early games. However there were a couple of games towards the end of last season where he played and it was almost felt we only had 10 men on the pitch.
He simply doesn’t trust his body anymore, which is an awful shame but you can’t get away with that at the top level.
He had the same problem as Pervis last season = tactically, his life was impossible. Any mistake looked 10x worse than it was because he had no one covering spaces behind him. He looked a lot more shit than he was; again, same as Pervis.

Other than that I think the spring was his best spell since returning from that career-changing injury. He's VERY good at crossing, and has learned when to cross, when to pass and when to run.

I'd like to give the new doc a chance to fix Tariq, because if that happens he's a real asset to the team imho, every bit as good as what we could find on the market.

Lets hope the new German is some sort of black magic Illuminati-magician with the email adress to God, and even better the fastcall button to Satan, and that he'll sacrifice a goat or two to make Tariq the batshit good RWB most of us know he could be.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
He had the same problem as Pervis last season = tactically, his life was impossible. Any mistake looked 10x worse than it was because he had no one covering spaces behind him. He looked a lot more shit than he was; again, same as Pervis.

Other than that I think the spring was his best spell since returning from that career-changing injury. He's VERY good at crossing, and has learned when to cross, when to pass and when to run.

I'd like to give the new doc a chance to fix Tariq, because if that happens he's a real asset to the team imho, every bit as good as what we could find on the market.

Lets hope the new German is some sort of black magic Illuminati-magician with the email adress to God, and even better the fastcall button to Satan, and that he'll sacrifice a goat or two to make Tariq the batshit good RWB most of us know he could be.
I love your optimism, perhaps we will get a chance to see what he can do under new management against Crawley

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Absolutely agree with this.

In his first games back after the injury, it was as though he'd lost his super-power and didn't really know how to play without it.

He has now learned to play football much better, and can contribute a lot, even without the extreme pace. Though the 'loss of pace thing' is rather overstated by our fans - he's still pretty rapid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here