Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey - Hypothetical scenario

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
He's a nice guy and no doubt popular within the squad but a good footballer that does not make. I am not seeing the player a lot of you are. He has lost most of his pace and does not have the physical strength or weight to make up for the loss of his primary attribute, due in no small part to his size. Not his fault, but reality waits for no man. As a defender he is done at Premier league level, sad as it is.

I forget the game last season though expect the slouths will remember, but I recall vividly how he repeatedly bounced off of an average left back and looked totally out of his depth doing it.

Last edited:

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Presumably Chelsea have a sell on fee? If so he can go for free next year. :ROFLMAO:
Or... Quick maths

Say Chelsea get 30% of any sale

They could pay us £30m and give him a 5 year contract, they'd get £9m back as their own sell on clause and it'd only cost them £6m in this year's accounts.

£3m profit for them by spending £30m???? It's Boehly maths but makes sense 😂😂

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I’m afraid that Tariq just isn’t up to our level anymore. His pace has gone and he was never the most gifted footballer.
I feel genuinely sorry for the lad after all the injuries he’s had but it’s time to move him on imho.
Agree. But no one will want him. He’ll stay for this year as a worst case scenario full back cover , and leave for free next summer

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
With Barco out on loan, I would keep Lamptey as he can cover both fullback positions and let him leave on a free when his contract is up next summer.

With his injury history, and expiring contract we would be lucky to recoup a third of the 3m we paid for him. On the flip side, each place higher in the PL table we finish is worth 3.1m (not including qualifying for Europe) and we saw what happened last year without fullback cover.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Such a poor defender. Now not the quickest, added to his shite decision making, breaking the defensive line at set pieces, leaving opponents unmarked.

Hopefully he won’t feature in PL games.
We really Need to talk about Tariq. Almost no real redeeming features at this level I'm afraid.

Watching him get skinned by a lower league player for pace was horrifying tonight.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
He was so electrifying when he burst onto the scene. Defenders simply could not cope with him and resorted to hacking him down. I wonder how those fouls affected his injuries and his confidence to take on the opposition.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He missed a tackle in the second half then chased the player and got nowhere near him. Either the Creepy player was super quick or TL has lost a bit of pace. I suspect the latter.
They had a few lads who were rapid. Maybe a prime lamptey would have got back, but hes still quick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here