Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey - Hypothetical scenario

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I have seen talk on NSC that we are looking to sell Lamptey, personally I'm shocked as a big fan of his.

However, in a hypothetical scenario what would Lamptey be tempted by to move this window rather than next summer on a free? Additionally what fee would be decent to us in lightening the cover at RB?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Obviously Everton are in need of a RB due to injuries but seems a silly move once Coleman returns

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
If it were up to me, I would keep him around and let him leave on a free so as to have a back-up full back in the event we suffer another injury crisis.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have seen talk on NSC that we are looking to sell Lamptey, personally I'm shocked as a big fan of his.

However, in a hypothetical scenario what would Lamptey be tempted by to move this window rather than next summer on a free? Additionally what fee would be decent to us in lightening the cover at RB?
Lamptey is one of our more injury prone players. From his perspective, a contract for 4 to 5 years rather than 1 is surely in his best interests.

With 1 year left, somewhere between 5 and 10. There was a time he was in the 30- 40 odd region.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Obviously Everton are in need of a RB due to injuries but seems a silly move once Coleman returns
Coleman is 35, so it wouldn't be that silly. However, even if Everton could spend any money, I can't see Sean Dyche buying a defender under 6 foot, let alone one who is 5"4'.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Unfortunately, he's done at the top level. I wouldn't be surprised if we protected our asset by extending his contract and then loaning him out to a Championship club to hopefully play a good number of games and get back to a reasonable level of consistent fitness. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to a straight sale and let him be someone else's problem, but I'd like to think we'll do everything we can to rebuild him properly before sending him out into the world to continue his career somewhere else.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
There are only two things that can happen.

Sell now.

Or extend his contract and loan him out in hope that he has an injury free year. So we can either use him next season or his sale value has increased for next summer.

To me, it makes no sense to extend his contract now and keep him in case he gets a big injury again. It also makes no sense to not extend his contract and keep him. Unless I'm missing something?

Obvs the club know best. Just don't see the value in keeping him around with Ferdi (soon to be), Veltman and Hinsh in the squad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe our new fitness/medical set-up will be good for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here