Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Target: Play-offs Top Six (Operation Blue Charge 81)

1066gull

To be sure we need to target 81. When Stoke were last in here, the bottom team got 82, But it may end up being 78-76 because those teams all up there will have a bad run at sometime. Look at Cardiff last year, they were near the top this time last year then they just went!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
not sure its possible. but if it is, then i think we'd need to win the games against our play off rivals (as well as the duff teams obviously), they could be crucial. i think we've still got the majority of the play off candidates to play at home which helps.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In one respect, I don't think playoffs are realistically possible. However, every time I think that, I am reminded of Sunderland's amazing recovery under Roy Keane a couple of seasons ago.

I would say that it really does depend on the next few games. If we can get some miraculous results against Leeds, Norwich and Carlton it ill do the world of good for the players' confidence.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It's possible, but a big ask.

We should have dumped Slade and The Two Muppets weeks ago, as I was saying at the time.

Time to gel.... Bollox! They were not up to the job!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
In one respect, I don't think playoffs are realistically possible. However, every time I think that, I am reminded of Sunderland's amazing recovery under Roy Keane a couple of seasons ago.
Roy Keane took over Sunderland in August, 4 games into the season.

The closest example would probably be Palace. :O But that was an almost miraculous run of form, pretty much unprecedented as far as I know, they won 95% of their games. I think that was with less time than we've got but it would still take an incredible run from here. I think we'll finish mid table, maybe top 10, not playoffs. Though I might change my mind if we win the next three. :p

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
My, my how the NSC world changes after 1 League game!

Why not wait to see what happens in the next 3 League games, then we will have a better idea on where this season is going, rather than kneejerk reactions after 1 (albeit very good) league win?

He's potentially a good manager, but will need time to sort the defence (and bring in a couple of defensive older heads in January).

We really need to reign in the expectation, and not weigh Gus down with huge amounts of pressure this early on in his tenure.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
My, my how the NSC world changes after 1 League game!

Why not wait to see what happens in the next 3 League games, then we will have a better idea on where this season is going, rather than kneejerk reactions after 1 (albeit very good) league win?

He's potentially a good manager, but will need time to sort the defence (and bring in a couple of defensive older heads in January).

We really need to reign in the expectation, and

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

For f*** sake, some people have no ambition! Listen to what has been said by Gus himself. He knows he has a big challenge, and he is up for it!

"not weigh Gus down with huge amounts of pressure this early on in his tenure." For fucks sake!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I said before the Southampton game that it would take 9 points from Southampton, Leeds, Norwich and Charlton to make me even think about play offs.

Three down, six to go :clap2::lolol:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Weren't our arch rivals nearly bottom of The Championship at Christmas one year and made the play offs.

Yes they were, two years ago.

Its not impossible, it can be done. They went out in the Semis to Bristol City if my memory recalls.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Realisticaly we need to take a minimum of 7 points from the next 3 games to put us in with a shout and at the same time boost the players confidence.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
All teams will have some bad games,e.g. leeds being beaten tomorrow.That's 3 points less to make up:lol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
While it is lovely to see optimism for a change but blind optimism is not healthy..... or we'll be calling for Gus's head if we finish in the top half. If we finish in the top half he will have done bloody well as far as Im concerned. If he gets us in the play offs he deserves the freedom of the city.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

For f*** sake, some people have no ambition! Listen to what has been said by Gus himself. He knows he has a big challenge, and he is up for it!

"My, my how the NSC world changes after 1 League game!

We really need to reign in the expectation, and not weigh Gus down with huge amounts of pressure this early on in his tenure."

For fucks sake!

Dont suppose you would now care to admit I got my post spot on Mr Pie?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here