Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Target man who is PERFECT for us...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Scoring a few goals in League One (about 13 I think)
Big target man, good in the air, not bad on the ground, works hard.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you...

CHRIS IWELUMO

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I said that at the beginning of the season. I have to admit that I think McGhee did get that wrong.

Not ofter I agree with you Ritchie but good call. :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Perhaps it was a sign of things to come, who knows but it does look like we should have made more of an effort to keep him.

He also worked well with Leon Knight.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
He went to Allemania Aachen last year and didn't get a look in there. They play in the German equivalent of the Championship. I think he's one of those guys who can do a job in League 1, but not at this level.

I disagree. He's scored a few goals down there in League 1 but I don't think he'd have cut it against Championship defenders. I actually didn't rate him at all when he played for us in League 1. He was hardly prolific was he?

What is the point in threads like this anyway? Do we need to keep harping on about players we've let go that seem to be doing well (mainly in lesser divisions) or players that we apparantly are missing out on? We know that we haven't signed a striker. We know that McGhee has been bidding for players but none have signed. We know that he's still looking for loan signings. We are still well in with a chance of staying up, and I believe that the club are doing all they can to get someone in as soon as possible, but just simply haven't been able to get the players they feel can improve things as yet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sake, he wasn't even all that good for us when he WAS here, and that was in a division below.

Richie Morris said:
He can hardly have done any worse then out current crop of strikers...

In your opinion Richie. He hardly set the world on fire when he was here. What on earth makes you think he'd be banging them in now?

It's not just the chances that are being missed, but the lack of chances even being created. I can't really see how Lumo would have made that much of a difference.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He used his strength far more effectively then McCammon does. His knock downs actually went to a player of his ear and out for a throw in.

I doubt McPhee, McCammon or Turienzo would have got 13 goals as a target man for Colchester.

durrington gully

Aug 24, 2005
Durrington on sea!!
Richie Morris said:
He used his strength far more effectively then McCammon does. His knock downs actually went to a player of his ear and out for a throw in.

I doubt McPhee, McCammon or Turienzo would have got 13 goals as a target man for Colchester.

Correct, all 3 would struggle at Div 2 level let alone Colchester

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
How old is he? He seems to have been around for a while and we know that he played some time for Stoke - who were glad to get rid as he hadn't handled the step up from Div 2 to Div 1 (old). If he couldn't handle it then I really can't see him doing it now.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Chris was a decent player taht did a job for us, before he arived we looked like missing the play offs. But that still didnt stop half the f*** wits on here from slagging him off!

Glad hes proving himsellf and I think we royally f***ed up not signing him when we had the chance, because DK was too tight to pay his relocation fees and instead we end up with McCammon!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As usual, the old rose-tinted specs come on when looking back at a former player who some think could now "do a job" for us. How many of us were gutted to see him leave at the end of that season ? I know I wasn't. The fella was always a bit of a carthorse. OK, he's having a good spell with Colchester at the moment - they're a team high on confidence on a very good run. But the guy is two years older now, and as we know, there is one HELL of a step-up in standard between L1 and the Championship.

If he wasn't good enough for this level 2 or 3 years ago, he's not going to be good enough now. Can we just put this one to bed once and for all ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
i HONESTLY THINK HE WOULD HAVE DONE WELL GIVEN THE THE QUALITY OF SERVICE FROM FRUTY AND CAROLE ... sorry abouts cap lock !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Easy 10 said:
As usual, the old rose-tinted specs come on when looking back at a former player who some think could now "do a job" for us. How many of us were gutted to see him leave at the end of that season ? I know I wasn't. The fella was always a bit of a carthorse. OK, he's having a good spell with Colchester at the moment - they're a team high on confidence on a very good run. But the guy is two years older now, and as we know, there is one HELL of a step-up in standard between L1 and the Championship.

If he wasn't good enough for this level 2 or 3 years ago, he's not going to be good enough now. Can we just put this one to bed once and for all ?

Spoilsport. :down:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
His record is 4 goals in 41 appearances at this level so its less than clear whether he would be PERFECT for us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Scoring a few goals in League One (about 13 I think)
Big target man, good in the air, not bad on the ground, works hard.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you...

CHRIS IWELUMO

Yes, but we can't get him now... either a big mistake by MM and the board or big Chris can't hack it at our level... not sure, but Stoke didn't seem to think he good cut it in the CCC...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here