Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tanno - Is he a Championship player ?

Oct 2, 2008
I see Gus has said that Tanno may possibly be in contention for a place this season. I must confess I thought that he may have retired at the end of last season. Could he cut it in the Championship ?.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Decent back up for Painter

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant footballing mind and clearly still has the stamina. I'd say he might get into trouble against the quicker teams..

I'd say at 40, he's a back up at very best. We could call on him in a crisis but if we had injury problems and we had to rely on him we'd be in trouble.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He's 38, not 40

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Has looked sharp in pre-season in the games I've seen him, albeit only against Horsham and Whitehawk. Experience, ability to read the game and sheer class will get him a fair way in the Championship - lack of speed will expose him. May yet have a role to play but I'd rather we had someone else to push Paints as well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he looked different class last season in the games he could be bothered with (namely when he replaced calderon through suspension)

the difference this season is that we are more likely to be pressed by the opposition and thus the full backs are less likely to be able to bomb forward and offer an attacking outlet. that may suit him down to the ground. obviously he probably wouldn't be able to play two games in a week and would do well to get through half the season, but if we've stretched a budget to the point whereby poyet is looking at only one defender coming in now id much rather it was a centre half and take the risk that tano would be able to fill in on the the hopefully rare occasions we need him

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Have we lost a game when Tanno played?

In this league we are going to come up against some massive players, some at the start of their careers, some in the middle & some at the end. FFS Tanno was/is a great player but at this level he will be found out sooner or later IMO. Tanno & more importantly Gus know he is back up in the event of injuries/suspensions etc. That is all. I am going to write a strongly worded letter about this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree, he's a back up player but that doesn't mean he can't hack it. He has a great footballing brain, he's kept himself fit and will cope when he has to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here