Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tanning Salon

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm fed up of being the whitest man in Britain so am thinking of using a sunbed to give me a nice Dale Winton glow. Has anybody used one of these contraptions before? Well thats if they will admit to it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Er, one of my mates went to one once. Said they are actually quite nice but make sure you don't go on for too long the first time you go otherwise you will get burnt. And it's not a very nice burn, sort of like a chemical burn. You need to do it in short regular sessions. So he said, anyway...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don't they seriously mess up your skin?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Commander said:
Er, one of my mates went to one once. Said they are actually quite nice but make sure you don't go on for too long the first time you go otherwise you will get burnt. And it's not a very nice burn, sort of like a chemical burn. You need to do it in short regular sessions. So he said, anyway...

Sweet, only gonna start off with 3 minutes at a time. I am gonna be a golden god.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bhafc99 said:
Don't they seriously mess up your skin?

I think they can do but I'm only gonna use it a bit to stop me looking like I will go see through if wet. Not really going to get a tan, just look a bit healthier.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Les Biehn said:
Sweet, only gonna start off with 3 minutes at a time. I am gonna be a golden god.

the future's bright, Les is orange.

Do you really want to look like a Capri Sun addict or some footballer's wife?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Buzzer said:

Or Simon Jordan...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Les Biehn said:

Make sure you don't go too much, remember it is December and you will look utterly ridiculous if you look come out looking like you come from Gambia or something.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Buzzer said:

As I said not really doing it so as I can be seen glowing in the dark, just so I don't look like some pasty feral child who has lived with a pack of nocturnal wolves.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
be careful... Cilla from Coronation Street has got skin cancer from using one of those tanning machines

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Commander said:

:lolol: :lolol:

Er My Mate went with Commanders mate when we were in New Zealand, we er they both came back with chronacly burnt buttocks, could sit down for days... they couldnt

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hope you're not in debt to any gangster types. If so I'd watch out for Vinnie Jones popping round to 'help' you top up your tan.

Hope this helps :D

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Ive used them quite a bit in the past. My tips are;

Don't go completely naked! Wear briefs or something to protect delicate areas LOL

If you've got fair skin don't do any more than 5 minutes at a time, and only use them twice a week

Beware of courses of sessions where you pay upfront and get a couple of extra sessions free. I paid for a course of 15 sessions at a salon in Worthing 2 years ago. They took my £50 then went out of business the week after!! Never saw the money again!

After you've been on the sunbed, allow your skin to settle for an hour or so and then moisturise to stop your skin drying out. Your skin will feel hot for the first hour, this is normal. You could always use the Johnson's Holiday Skin moisturiser to top up the colour a bit more?

I found them effective and could definitely see a difference in colour even after a couple of sessions.

In town centres expect to pay £1 per minute but out of town you can easily halve this cost.

If you've got space in your home, an even cheaper option is to hire a sunbed which you keep at your house for say 4 weeks. They only hire the horizontal beds but I paid £45 for 4 weeks hire of a sunbed that you put over your bed (or spare bed if you've got one). When you renew the hire they tend to discount the price and mine was £25 for every 4 weeks after that. Plus you can hire it out to your friends to make some money back. You will find these companies in the Friday Ad. I used Golden Tan if that helps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here