Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tallinn , Estonia

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I've been there 3 times, it was like a mini-Prague

1) Stag do in 2002 - VERY good, stupidly cheap, I was single, ladies everywhere and we felt like millionaires!!
2) Wedding in 2005 - Still good, prices defo going up though, I was with my now wife so can't comment on ladies, did a lot more sight seeing than the last visit!!
3) England away in 2007 - Prices noticably higher :( Got VERY drunk so don't remember much else!!

papachris

Soon to be visited by more than just British tourists.....
Yes. I read this in our Estonian news. Estonia was contemplating closing some prisons that were not needed. But this will be some welcome money into the coffers gor yhe government

Seagull Stew

Some of these bounces are very special
Since the start of this thread I have moved to New Zealand, got married, had two children, lived in NZ for nearly seventeen years, and come back to live in Brighton.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Estonia is getting known for some good basketball players coming to the States for that dual purpose of going to class and making no progress towards a degree and making NIL money.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I went soon after independence in ‘91: Quite soviet, liked hard currency, positive atmosphere, nice autumn leaves, didn’t investigate the women that much. The prisons then were probably a little harsher than today.

It had changed a lot when I went back in ‘95. Suspect different again now.

papachris

I went soon after independence in ‘91: Quite soviet, liked hard currency, positive atmosphere, nice autumn leaves, didn’t investigate the women that much. The prisons then were probably a little harsher than today.

It had changed a lot when I went back in ‘95. Suspect different again now.
I've been living with an Estonian woman for 14 years. The first 10 in UK then moved to Estonia before BREXIT transition finished. Great place to live :)

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I've been living with an Estonian woman for 14 years. The first 10 in UK then moved to Estonia before BREXIT transition finished. Great place to live :)
I'd love to go back, but also think I wouldn't recognise the place. Here it is in 1991.
1991.jpg

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
I use to love going to Grandma's Place in the cellars near to the Parliament area. Having to knock on the door with the frying pan to gain entry, good wholesome Estonian food, cheap and chips, good atmosphere, good times!

Damn, just seen it's permanently closed. That's sad ☹️

papachris

I'd love to go back, but also think I wouldn't recognise the place. Here it is in 19
My Mrs was 20 years old and was taking part in the singing revolution protests. I think the Estonian people were amazing and are rightly very proud if their country. The old town hasn't really changed much but for sure there has been a lot more housebuilding in the outskirts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here