Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Talksport

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I might go against the grain quite like talksport for what it is. If I’m driving to and from work. I like Goldstein and Bent on the drive home Goldstein is a complete wind up merchant, I do have to say I softened to him more listening to his appearances on the chatabix podcast.

Take it for what it is though. A load of drivel and talk about the big 6 you are going to learn nothing new about the Albion. Unless Barber is on with Jordon and White.
Same here, Drive with AG and DB is the one show I listen to on TS, anally switching off during every single ad break then switching back on 4 minutes later.
:lolol:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Love Talksport, quite happily listen to it all day, but…….

PLEASE lose those idiots Hawksbee and Jacob’s in the afternoon slot. It’s the only thing that ruins the schedule and desperately needs a ‘freshen up’

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

PLEASE lose those idiots Hawksbee and Jacob’s in the afternoon slot. It’s the only thing that ruins the schedule and desperately needs a ‘freshen up’
Don't know about all day - but agree about H and J. Nobody should get paid for laughing at their own 'jokes'.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I tried listening to TalkSport the other week, barely made 20 minutes. The combination of constant (really annoying, cloyingly “blokey”) adverts, the obvious rage baiting from the presenters with their gossamer thin devil’s advocate fake “opinions”, the absolute morons they put on air…

I used to love Tommy Boyd (The Human Zoo was incredible) because he was a massive troll but actually really good at it. He had an interesting format; and you believed that he believed the nonsense he came out with.

Then there was Mike Dickin, Charlie Wolf…

Nowadays I just find it unlistenable.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
did the same about 10 years ago until I realised its A&F for teenagers. Still makes me laugh when I see middle age men rocking out kids clothing.
Or, alternatively, people can wear whatever the fack they want to :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I love H&J (and Charlie Baker when 'J' off). They are the only guys in the schedule that cover anything outside football and other mainstream sports.

I like Max Rushden's weekend shows with Baker and Barry, too.

I don't listen to any of the shows religiously, but enjoy them more than other options at those times.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I tried listening to TalkSport the other week, barely made 20 minutes. The combination of constant (really annoying, cloyingly “blokey”) adverts, the obvious rage baiting from the presenters with their gossamer thin devil’s advocate fake “opinions”, the absolute morons they put on air…

I used to love Tommy Boyd (The Human Zoo was incredible) because he was a massive troll but actually really good at it. He had an interesting format; and you believed that he believed the nonsense he came out with.

Absolutely sums it up, the toxic blokey masculinity is so throwback, voiceovers by the actor who played the misogynist dick in The Office, Alan Brazil having some nickname relating to his excess alcohol consumption etc.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

That and the endless betting adverts and bookies coming on to give odds on games, as someone who has had problems with gambling, I find it somewhat annoying you are not allowed to go half an hour without the station reminding you about gambling, so I simply stopped listening.

I listen to Albion fan podcasts or learning German on the way home now, much more enjoyable than "Scheiße reden"

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Hawksbee and Baker is a much better show in my opinion

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Almost as bad as Colin Murray who used to do mornings before the quite superb Jim White.

Love Goldstein, he's box office and a massive Man U fan to boot (born and bred in Essex), with Alec Crook their chief football correspondent (born in Southampton) also a huge Man U fan and getting more involved in the drive time show they have now got their own dedicated Talksport Man U podcast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here