Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TALKSPORT - whats happened to Brazil then ?

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
brazil was the best sports radio bloke ever. TS is shit now...Parry needs him.

the morning show now sounds too serious, no fun, no laughs.

i dont listen any more.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That statement from talkSPORT is plainly bollocks. Brazil wasn't in a position to "decide" anything about coming back. He was sacked for being a pisshead. Kelvin Mackenzie has probably given in to Brazil begging for his job back, after being bored to death by Parry and Paul Breen-Turner in the mornings.

Brazil is on his last chance now, methinks.

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The past 6 months has been peppered with discussion about how Brazil and Parry are off to some race meeting or other sporting ocassion (at the radio station's expense) to sample the delights of the drinks tent.

You can hardly blame Brazil for getting pissed up when he was practically led to the bar at every available opportunity by his employers.

I'm sure his solicitor has mentioned this to Talk Sport

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's back? Good!

I've stopped listening to Talk Sport recently, prefering Radio 4 on my drive to work.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brazil loves his horse racing and he presented Talksport from Cheltenhem from Tuesday - Thursday. Therefore after 3 days on the lash, its hardly supprising Brazil was not fit at 7am on the Friday.

Brazil and Porky Parry was the best combo on Talksport but I stopped listening to it as every topic surounded Arsenal , Man Utd and Chelsea. They did not want to talk about anyone else.

Mike Dicken is my favourite on Talksport , he talks sense !.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Offical, from the Talksport website. Great news indeed:

---

Alan Brazil is returning to the talkSPORT fold from Easter Monday to renew his long standing partnership with Mike 'Porky' Parry as host of the awarding winning Sports Breakfast.

Due to popular demand from thousands of talkSPORT listeners all around the world, Alan has decided to recommit himself to the station and the show, so we've decided to take him back.

On hearing the news Porky Parry said "I'm delighted Alan Brazil will be rejoining me in the breakfast studio - he's a class act and the listeners are going to love his return."

Paul Breen-Turner, who's filled in for Big Al whilst he's been away, is returning to Spain to keep up his key role as talkSPORT's Spanish correspondent. Following his successful, if short-lived slot on The Sports Breakfast, Paul will also be developing a number of other ideas for the station over the coming months.

So make sure you tune in this Easter Monday from 8am to hear Brazil and Parry back in action on the UK's number one commercial radio station - talkSPORT 1089/1053am.

---

P.s. Alan Brazil has not updated his own website yet and has a blast at Talksport on it. Presumably he'll remember to remove it before he returns.

www.alanbrazilracing.tv

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
Brazil loves his horse racing and he presented Talksport from Cheltenhem from Tuesday - Thursday. Therefore after 3 days on the lash, its hardly supprising Brazil was not fit at 7am on the Friday.

Brazil and Porky Parry was the best combo on Talksport but I stopped listening to it as every topic surounded Arsenal , Man Utd and Chelsea. They did not want to talk about anyone else.

Mike Dicken is my favourite on Talksport , he talks sense !.

Mike Dickin...................:clap2: :lol: :lolol: :clap: :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great news, but the whole things a bit tarnished now.

It'll be interesting when the next big manager gets sacked and Porky and Brazil debate the chairman's role in the sacking, as the issue will be very close to home for Al. I can foresee Brazil backing Ranieri up to the hilt.

I thought the last couple of weeks shows have been lacklustre, and Parry's rant yesterday about the FA Cup Final not being a spectacle or captivating because it wasn't Man Utd vs Arsenal was sickening.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Pavilionaire said:
Parry's rant yesterday about the FA Cup Final not being a spectacle or captivating because it wasn't Man Utd vs Arsenal was sickening.

Oh FFS -

Do what the rest of us do -

-don't take him too seriously
-don't rise to the bait
-chill!

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here