Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport...... is like marmite, you either love it or hate it?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I happen to love it. :bowdown:

The question is, do you? Views and opinions please?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nasty, tedious, spiteful, small-minded, xenophobic, ignorant radio station (see previous thread somewhere about their reaction to Micheal Yardy's depression)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Nasty, tedious, spiteful, small-minded, xenophobic, ignorant radio station (see previous thread somewhere about their reaction to Micheal Yardy's depression)

You've hit the nail on the head.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
about 7 years ago i won 700 quid on some silly poker phone in competition they had in the mornings :)

spent many a long journey when in england listening to it......beats radio1 and other shit.

but overall it is very right wing, and is a corporation making money machine, it gets listeners by dropping bait and getting them angry.

sun readers level audio.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Stan Collymore is the only good thing about Talksport. Far too many adverts - how many times a day can any sane person listen to Timothy Spall going on about Wickes or the Go Compare adverts etc. without wanting to throw the radio through the kitchen/car/living room window? With all the sport played in this country all the year round why can there not be an intelligent, non-commercial sports radio station?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a total pile of shit.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Hawksbee and Jacobs is a programme I don't like to miss.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Concur

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
loved its previous carnation.. talk radio. lots of good coverage for us in the gloom days of hereford away etc.. confess i have fallen out of lurve with it now.. hasnt been the same since i was birthday champion on hawksbee n jacobs on my 30th birthday... sigh!! "those were the days my friend....."

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
i love it , i tend to listen to it rather than the normal heart radio1 etc .
always liked quiny

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Mostly consists of a fifteen minute 'loop' just like Sky news - after that it's repetitive and boring

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
The ads get on my tits, but there is no alternative. I can't stand the mainstream music on most other stations. I do think that they treat people quite badly. Mike Parry used to play the stations jester, but he is actually a good journalist.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tabloid radio at its worse, always beating themselves up how great their coverage is. 5 mins about the limit, then you hit any ad break selling debt recovery or injury compensation, OFF...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here