Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport - about to be talking Brighton and Oscar shortly

Lush

Mods' Pet
Barnes is more than capable of playing a quick passing game, I really hope Oscar takes to him. he has come on in leaps and bounds with his ball control and passing skills, if he can control the red mist he'll be one hell of a player imo. He has always had a good eye for goal and has a cracking shot on him from distance too.

This with nobs on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm sorry but constant tennis coverage for 7 hours a day is tedious and bores me and besides, 5LIve is billed as a news AND sport station.

"Tell me *******, can Andy win Wimbledon this year ?" coming up later in the programme Can Andy Win Wimbledon This year....... looking ahead to tomorrow when we will be asking, Can Andy Win Wimbledon this year? If you enjoy that then it's all yours for 2 weeks.

Well ? Do you think he'll win ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Barnes is more than capable of playing a quick passing game, I really hope Oscar takes to him. he has come on in leaps and bounds with his ball control and passing skills, if he can control the red mist he'll be one hell of a player imo. He has always had a good eye for goal and has a cracking shot on him from distance too.

Barnes certainly has a good shot on him providing he doesnt try and 'leather' it..it tends to go high and wide then...placement is more his skill...imho

Stumpy Tim

The style of play Oscar plays is going to suit one particular player down to the ground...I'm gonna go LARGE on CMS being the league top scorer next year!

What on earth makes you think that? Oscar wants to play a faster version of the way we played under Gus... Which means the players will have to be very technical... Meaning CMS will be even less suited to our style

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sorry but constant tennis coverage for 7 hours a day is tedious and bores me and besides, 5LIve is billed as a news AND sport station.

"Tell me *******, can Andy win Wimbledon this year ?" coming up later in the programme Can Andy Win Wimbledon This year....... looking ahead to tomorrow when we will be asking, Can Andy Win Wimbledon this year? If you enjoy that then it's all yours for 2 weeks.

And next month it will be wall to wall ashes, that's another sport for a sports radio show.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And next month it will be wall to wall ashes, that's another sport for a sports radio show.

5Live will only be doing updates, live coverage is on 5live Sports Extra, which is a sub channel and TMS on radio 3. I would love 7 hours a day live of Test Coverage on 5Live thus ruining every non cricket lovers day just like mine will be ruined for 2 weeks currently...... So can Andy win it this year ? yawn.....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What on earth makes you think that? Oscar wants to play a faster version of the way we played under Gus... Which means the players will have to be very technical... Meaning CMS will be even less suited to our style

And he has to recover fully from a serious injury first.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom

He does prefer 2 or 3 upfront though, which CMS seems to do better with than being a lone striker as Gus used to play him a fair bit. It'll be interesting to see how he does under Garcia. I definitely think we can get more out of him but I wouldn't claim to be smart enough to know how!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He does prefer 2 or 3 upfront though, which CMS seems to do better with than being a lone striker as Gus used to play him a fair bit. It'll be interesting to see how he does under Garcia. I definitely think we can get more out of him but I wouldn't claim to be smart enough to know how!

This could be a very big challenge for Oscar, currently unless you are away to a seriously bad basement club, one up front is standard away and 2 up front or a central striker just ahead of wingbacks and a fluid midfield is the way to go in The Championship. I'm optimistic though !

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

Yeah. I'm with you on this. If i was a betting man I'd go LARGE on McSmudger being shipped out in January...

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
did anyone hear the so called < brighton fan spokesman > on talksport this evening ,he came on about 7.50 pm , Ian Danter asked him if he thought we might sign some Spanish players now we have got a Spanish manager , he did not seem to know that half our team is already Spanish ! just wondered who he was

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
We have the personnel to do this though. If you don't try and use Orlandi and Spanish Dave as wingers they can play centrally and move the ball around to devastating effect, leave the running and wings for Kaz and Buckley. The boy Bridcutt can play a little bit too and Ulloa is more than competent at give and go football.

As a side note, when Barnes returned after his second suspension I thought it was noticeable how his game had developed, the touches and the movement were starting to mirror our continental players.

Like this formation?

LuaLua Ulloa Buckley
---Orlandi Dave---
-------Bridcutt------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here