Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talking of Hole in Ones

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
my golfing story does not involve a hole in one....but many HOLES IN ONE FACE.:shootself

i smacked a ball into my mates face and he needed 10 stiches as his bottom lip was punctured by his teeth. the docot literally put his finger through my mates skin which wasnt nice to watch. i felt slightly guilty....though his scar looks quite cool :wave:

i got hit in the left breast ages ago - my boob when purple and blue and green and yellow for weeks after!! Hurt like hell and still have an impact scar!!

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
My mum once managed to hit the ball SIDEWAYS on the first tee of a pitch and putt in South Wales. The ball went straight in through the window of the hut where you paid, and the guy just managed to duck as the ball ricocheted around the inside of the hut. We were all like the robots in the Smash commercial LITERALLY rolling around on the floor laughing. I don't think my mum has ever hit a golf ball again.

On the same course I sliced very badly onto the road and a car hit the ball back onto the green!

My brother's slice was even worse and ended up over the raod an in a park. As he went to collect the ball (carrying his 8 iron and putter) the park-keeper told him that golf wasn't allowed in the park :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Other than yesterdays hole in one, my other proudest moment on the tee came at a golf course in Florida in the summer of 1994.

In a tense matchplay on holiday with three other mates, we were playing a hole where you had to drive the ball across a fairly large lake to catch the fairway on the other side. A hugley intimidating tee-shot, almost all you can see is water everywhere.

Anyway, I took an almight swing with one of my woods, fluffed the shot completely, and sent the ball spinning into the lake. "f*** it" I thought (and said out loud). Until, miraculously, I could still see the ball. You know when you skim a pebble across the surface of the water ? THATS what my ball was doing, just like the bouncing bomb in the Dambusters. The ball skipped once, twice, three times on the lakes surface, before it pelted onto the grass on the other side of the lake and trickled onto the fairway.

Much whooping and high-fives with my partner ensued - none of us could believe what we'd just seen. I could probably stand on that tee all day trying to do that again and it'd never happen.
Probably the second most extraordinary golf shot I've played in my life.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here