Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Triers

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
You CLOWN!!!

I wasn't putting anyone in the same boat as Bobby. It goes without saying that he's a one-off, incomparable, and totally unique. Bloody hell, please read properly before making such statements!

For what it's worth, Michel has always displayed huge talent, as so many others have. Let's, for your benefit, ignore Bobby for a minute. Other players I'd describe as "talent" would be Michel, Brooker, Carpenter, Morgan, Lewis, Rogers, Rodger, Roberts, Sidwell, Knight. What I'm saying is I'd take those TYPES ahead of the ones who run all day long but have no skill.

It's not really, the outstanding players in the double championship winning side were Kuipers and Zamora. Both were worth a goal every game.

I just meant, it would be nice for The Complete Badger to reply without having to mention Kuipers everytime. Like i said, we all know that he likes him and that he won't have a bad thing to say about him. And on the off chance that he makes a mistake he will say something all
ong the lines of, "he was to blame for this goal, but last week he made several key saves." etc..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'A team of talented players, with natural class, but dont appear to put the effort in

Or a team of players that try hard, and run their socks off despite their lack of ability which holds them back.'

Disgracefully the non-effort-makers are winning the poll on about a 3/1 margin.

Sorry folks, might come as a shock to 75% of you, but God-given 'talent' won't get you out of this division. Whereas hard graft just might.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
'A team of talented players, with natural class, but dont appear to put the effort in

Or a team of players that try hard, and run their socks off despite their lack of ability which holds them back.'

Sorry folks, might come as a shock to 75% of you, but God-given 'talent' won't get you out of this division. Whereas hard graft just might.

thats just your opinion, I think harde graft is OK for defence and midfield, but hard graft doesnt get you the thing that wins matches, GOALS.

I still think we are more likely to win a match with talent, rather than trying hard

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
What a wonderful argument you've got there. We won't have any of this 'positive' rubbish going on. I included Murray in my post by the way. Want to have a go for praising him a lot too, do you?

An argument about what? i was clearly stating that if you had heard it all, maybe you don't need to be here after all.

My actual argument is, why can't we get talented players that try hard. Yesturday, Murray a player you mentioned, put effort in, chassed down balls he probably wasn't going to win but was this just becasue he had increased confidence? I mean, usually he would watch the other team knock it round him without a care in the world.

When we need triers is when we are not playing well, and that's when Murray looks like he's not interested. Maybe if he sorted this out he will be, dare i say it, a good Championship player.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My actual argument is, why can't we get talented players that try hard. Yesturday, Murray a player you mentioned, put effort in, chassed down balls he probably wasn't going to win but was this just becasue he had increased confidence? I mean, usually he would watch the other team knock it round him without a care in the world.

When we need triers is when we are not playing well, and that's when Murray looks like he's not interested. Maybe if he sorted this out he will be, dare i say it, a good Championship player.

Forster is talented and tries hard, He does everything you have just said, execpt Murray has scored more than him

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Forster is talented and tries hard, He does everything you have just said, execpt Murray has scored more than him

Before yesturday Forster would have been top scorer. Yesturday we needed a bit of class because we were passing beter then usual and getting good balls into the box. Therfore Murray came into his own.

But when we arn't playing good football, for example the rest of our home games and probably some away, we need both of them to work their bollocks off when the ball gets upfront because i know were not the best at creating usually.

My point is Murray looks good when we play well, and bad when we don't.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

:thud:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums up PERFECTLY why England have not won a thing since 1966. Because, in England (and ONLY in England) being skilfull is frowned upon but running round and round lots and lots and lots is regarded as by far the most important. attriubute in football.

Tell me Tom, have Brazil won more major tournaments than everyone else in the world simply because they try much harder than the likes of Andorra and Luxembourg, or could it be, POSSIBLY, that their footballers are actually more skilfull?

:shootself:shootself:shootself

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
It's not as simple as that. I want somebody with both, naturally good but wants to do well for the club.

Murray does try, it just doesn't appear that way, in the same way Thornton tried yesterday.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Before yesturday Forster would have been top scorer. Yesturday we needed a bit of class because we were passing beter then usual and getting good balls into the box. Therfore Murray came into his own.

But when we arn't playing good football, for example the rest of our home games and probably some away, we need both of them to work their bollocks off when the ball gets upfront because i know were not the best at creating usually.

My point is Murray looks good when we play well, and bad when we don't.

we havent played well in the league since Crewe, and Murray still scored. Southend we werent brilliant, we put together 2 or 3 good moves, we scored from 2 of them.

Northampton we were terrible, and didnt deserve to be in the lead, let alone get a disappointing draw.

It was Murray showing his own graft and class, which got him a great goal at the death

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if you want a team full of triers, then just pick 11 people out of the crowd next week

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Talent obviously. But this thread is bloody stupid as there's no reason why a talented player shouldn't also be a trier.

And anyone trying to argue which is more important is also an idiot. There are very few players who can afford to play football without trying, and it's incredibly simplistic to simply lump a player into one or the other (Revell = trier, Murray = talent, which is basically what this thread is all about). It's both true that a team of talented individuals who aren't triers won't be successful, but it's also true that if you had no talent you might as well play the kids.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A talented player may, or may not, be a trier. It's awfull seeing talent wasted, as with leon knight, because he cannot find it within himself to try, unless it suits him.

I used to run a kids team and there were some talented boys. trouble is, most of them thought they didn't have to try and were too good to be dropped.

Give me triers, they will try and they will get better, sometimes a whole lot better.

Look in our history at the likes of Crumplin, absolute crap when he started and the butt of the crowd, much more than any of today's team. he became a legend because he stuck at it, all his own effort. then he goes and marks john barnes out of a game, hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here