Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking the 'paint pot' seriously yet?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
we're only 4 wins vs League 1 clubs from a trip to Wembley and a chance for some HUGE silverware?

I'm fully in agreement with WW on this one.

Just to be PEDANTIC though;

Only 3 [in fact possibly only ONE of the four games are against L1 sides. As many as three could be L2.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
personally not that fussed about it.
by that i mean i want us to win (as with every game), but i will NOT be cut up if we loose.

...as a man of my word i stick to my statement that IF we reach wembley i will NOT go as i deemed it tin pot and crap in the early rounds.

:)

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
At the end of the day its a trophy, it may be a shit one but its still a trophy.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£100k for the winners. The total prize fund for the entire competition is only just over £400k.

Ah ok, but still £100k isn't something to turn your nose up at.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Im bothered about every game we play , il be at every home match of the season no matter how shitty the match is . i hope we can get to wembley in the JPT because it will be a great day out and hopefully a trophy

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
This is our only realistic chance of getting to Wembley. A win tomorrow night also means live TV coverage on Sky of the Southern semi final. A storming run at the end of the season would also ensure a Wembley appearance in the play off final but thats a tall order.

full agree with that

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
When were we last at Wembley? 1991. 17 years ago. I would love to go back - and take my son with me, who's 11 and consequently hasn't seen any glory years. I was working out with him the other day - and on average in my Albion watching lifetime (since 1974), they only get to Wembley once per 8 years (including Cardiff 2004). Get there this year and we can take that average down to once per 7 years.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its a piece of silverware that we can realistically win, we must be one of the favourites now?

Im breaking my JPT record of every game this season tonight but I hope to reniew it at the SREWS

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
All we had to do is beat Barnet, Leyton Orient, Swindon, Shrewsbuy, Luton/Walsall and we are here...

wembley-stadium.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What are the chances of Adams taking it seriously. He wasn't even taking our league position seriously 3 weeks ago.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
, it is a quarter final and still no one wants to go

Well sort of. Its the Southern area Q/final. If we were playing this at the right time there would still be 16 of 48 teams left. Not exactly a momentus acheivement.

I think I have only watched one of these tinpot games in 30 years and we lost that 5-1 to Notts County. I wont be doubling my tally tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here