Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking the 'paint pot' seriously yet?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is it only me who sees tomorrow night as a MASSIVE game?

We've ruined our league chances pretty much, a desperate hope of the play-offs is all we have.

It annoyed me to see "half-arsed" celebrations after the shoot out Borient win. Why is there more excitement about the FA Cup, when there's slim chance of getting a 'big draw' even if the club do reach the third round, and NO chance of winning it, yet now we're only 4 wins vs League 1 clubs from a trip to Wembley and a chance for some HUGE silverware?

Expect some SERIOUS pissed-offness from me if we balls up tomorrow night.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Section Quarter final? Long name, HUGE game. :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Piss pot

Only the Wembley game is taken seriously

And only then by the two competing clubs

And only then as a Grand Day Out and a chance to flog a load of tat in their respective club shops

It really is the ultimate Losers competition, sort of the lower league equivalent of the Inter-Toto Cup :shrug:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
rotherham in the final :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is it only me who sees tomorrow night as a MASSIVE game?

We've ruined our league chances pretty much, a desperate hope of the play-offs is all we have.

It annoyed me to see "half-arsed" celebrations after the shoot out Borient win. Why is there more excitement about the FA Cup, when there's slim chance of getting a 'big draw' even if the club do reach the third round, and NO chance of winning it, yet now we're only 4 wins vs League 1 clubs from a trip to Wembley and a chance for some HUGE silverware?

Expect some SERIOUS pissed-offness from me if we balls up tomorrow night.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Section Quarter final? Long name, HUGE game. :thumbsup:

Oh my god - I actually agree with you - think I need to go for a lie down !!!

Best chance we've got of seeing the Albion at the NEW Wembley - how could anyone NOT take it seriously ?

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
yeh it's a big game. why would we not want to win it? what possible reason could there be to not take it seriously? a few quid, a bit of media coverage, televised games, game at the new wembley, maybe attract a few new fans for the final... good times.

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
i wanna beat swindon for a trip to the new meadow! my mate a man city went down pre season and said it was a really nice ground. and hopefully a trip to wembley however did give my mates doncaster fans stick for getting to the final the other year!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
EVERY game we play should be taken seriously

Is the correct answer.

Anyone on here saying "I don't care if we lose, because it's just the Paint Pot" is nuts.

£250k the winner gets for winning the final I think, hardly a tin pot competition.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Is the correct answer.

Anyone on here saying "I don't care if we lose, because it's just the Paint Pot" is nuts.

£250k the winner gets for winning the final I think, hardly a tin pot competition.

the amount of tickets sold is proof no one takes it seriously
2149 sold so far

It is £10 to get in and FREE for kids, it is a quarter final and still no one wants to go

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Is the correct answer.

£100k for the winners. The total prize fund for the entire competition is only just over £400k.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is our only realistic chance of getting to Wembley. A win tomorrow night also means live TV coverage on Sky of the Southern semi final. A storming run at the end of the season would also ensure a Wembley appearance in the play off final but thats a tall order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here