Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taken from Brightonfans

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Question by Andrew Hawes, of BBC Southern Counties Radio, after the Palace game: "Is there any news on how Gary Hart is because he looked in a bad way?"

McGhee's answer, word for word: "I've no idea whatsover, but he's suspended anyway so I'm not really interested." That is exactly what he said.

I'm sorry if this offends supporters who think McGhee can do no wrong, but that comment was simply disgraceful. He was talking about an Albion player who has already broken his leg while playing for the club. This is not the first time McGhee has demonstrated shockingly poor man-management - eg, stating publicly that Adam El-Abd was in a previous squad by "default" because we had no one else.

Worryingly, McGhee thought we deserved to win today - presumably overlooking our dismal inability to keep the ball for most of the last half hour and his failure to adjust the team adequately after the sending off. Why did he leave Knight alone up front so we kept giving hoofing the ball for Palace to come straight back at us?

McGhee has not had much money to spend on fees and wages, but a lot of what he has spent has been wasted - Molango, McCammon and £150,000 for Turienzo (who is now even behind McPhee in the pecking order). He is still going on about looking for yet another striker to waste our money on, but you shouldn't lose if you score 2 goals at home.

McGhee is not the worst manager we have ever had, but he is not the genius that some people would have you believe. We have won 3 league games out of the last 30 and I fear we are going down.

Well said.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think that was a very poor comment by McGhee

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Maybe we'll see what sort of a man Magoo is after insisting on an apology from Leon I fully expect a public apology from him on this.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
gerbil said:
Maybe we'll see what sort of a man Magoo is after insisting on an apology from Leon I fully expect a public apology from him on this.

Totally agree, i think he was right to make leon apologise but i also think he should apologise over this it was discraceful.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
sir danny cullip said:
Totally agree, i think he was right to make leon apologise but i also think he should apologise over this it was discraceful.

Most people will agree with, myself included.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
gerbil said:

Spot on if it's true. On the official site McGhee going on about the 4th official getting OGH sent off.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
gerbil said:
:clap: Quite right, i expect nothing less from the so called 'can do nothing wrong' man.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
DJ Leon said:
Probably said in the heat of the moment and probably not meant.

Let's not make a big deal out of it.

What like Leons little outburst!!!

It's only fair.

Trigger Magoo can and does loads wrong mate.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
gerbil said:
What like Leons little outburst!!!

It's only fair.

Trigger Magoo can and does loads wrong mate.

The difference being McGhee is the boss. He was probably angry with Hart for getting sent off. Maybe we should get an apology from Gary for that?!

Besides what has fair got to do with it? My boss at work isn't fair. The company I work for isn't fair. Life isn't fair. And losing to Palace in the 93rd minute isn't f***ing FAIR!

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
shocking comment - if that is the care he shows towards the players than the tosser should be sacked now

Scotty M said:
if that is the care he shows towards the players than the tosser should be sacked now

Nothing like a good NSC over-reaction. Poor choice of words by McGhee (if true - I didn't hear it) but one comment hardly makes him a "tosser" and uncaring towards his players. He was probably still f***ed off by the shocking end to the game and not thinking particularly straight.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
DJ Leon said:
The difference being McGhee is the boss. He was probably angry with Hart for getting sent off. Maybe we should get an apology from Gary for that?!

Besides what has fair got to do with it? My boss at work isn't fair. The company I work for isn't fair. Life isn't fair. And losing to Palace in the 93rd minute isn't f***ing FAIR!

Being pedantic it was the 94th minute actually:jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Somewhat out of character remark from McGhee and I expect he'll say sorry once he's calmed down. Still, no need whatsoever for this NSC kneejerk overreaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here