Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take That - back to their awesome best?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
Are you ill?

Walk backwards slowly.. lets not provoke him...

Good badger.. it's perfectly normal for a full grown man to like Take That.. don't listen to the others..

Saw them in concert in the summer, my other half is an uberfan, great show, quite clever in their use of irony and the wall-to-wall mid-late-twentysomething fanny at their shows is a big plus. It was like an FA Cup final, but for birds and gays, with the offside rule having to be explained to me all the time. Haven't heard their new stuff yet but it's only a matter of time before I get driven to a game that I will, small price to pay :)

The Complete Badger said:
Gary Barlow = GENUINE LEGEND :bowdown:
I actually saw his solo show at the Brighton Centre :lol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
Saw them in concert in the summer...It was like an FA Cup final, but for birds and gays...

What catagory are you in? :lolol:

Surely their not Take That without Robbie?

Oct 25, 2003
Don't be silly, Tom. Ok Howard did have the looks, and was an integral part of the masterpiece. However, Sir Gary is the brains behind the outfit. He writes, he sings, is there anything this guy CAN'T do? Even personal lows have not shed him of the talent with which he is so blessed. I just hope this is the first of many more albums:clap2:

oh, sorry, i was talking about the looks, and lets face it, howard wins HANDS DOWN there

gary is NATURALLY the complete musical package, anyone who can write a tune like "never forget" is worth about a MILLION goodness points in my book

Ringo said:
What catagory are you in? :lolol:

Surely their not Take That without Robbie?

Hard though as this to understand to "outsiders", for the dedicated Take That buff, Gary is the messiah, not Robbie. Robbie was less important than, say, Geri was to the Spice Girls, who genuinely did leave a hole that could never be filled.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
Hard though as this to understand to "outsiders", for the dedicated Take That buff, Gary is the messiah, not Robbie. Robbie was less important than, say, Geri was to the Spice Girls, who genuinely did leave a hole that could never be filled.

Not exactly Lennon/McCartney are they.. but I agree that Gary had the talent. Robbie played a huge part though..

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Take That were aimed purely at pre pubescent girls, or gay men.

There are no mitigating circumstances on this one I'm afraid...

But I don't fall into either of those categories :ohmy:

Absolutely, moi neever, but the analogy is that, just as the FA Cup Final lets a few token birds in, Take That spectaculars lets a few token straights in

*phew, talked my way out of that one*

As for my MISSUS having great taste in music, that's another comment that will have your LECTURER spitting out his morning coffee :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here