Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take note of the attendance on Tues

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Turn it around slightly we only have 2 more opportunities to enjoy the Amex experience before a 3 1/2 month break I for one will be there to get my fix I still love the experience anyone else who has lost the love can go boil their head in jam.
Very much this. I am gutted that there are only two games left at The Amex this season, but pleased that I have made arrangements for both to be fully enjoyed with friends, family, Harveys and pies... and hopefully Vicente and some of Kazenga Lua Lua, William Buckley, CMS, Nooney, Liam Bridcutt, Jara Reyes, Joe Mattock, etc, etc..

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I dont want to be rude either mate, but as we are patronising each other then ...When you have lived around the country, and as a result attended regularly league clubs in the North East, Yorkshire, Midlands, London and Brighton, and been a Brighton away fan at over 50 odd league grounds, then mate, you can start to compare your knowledge of football and football clubs around the country with mine.

As I say, look at Brighton/Sunderland's attendances when we came runners up to them. All this "how many true fans have we got" is drivel.

Clubs like Reading never got 34,000 for Rochdale in the 3rd division. Reading were a Brentford sized club until Madjeski. Brighton however were never a Brentford before Bloom. They were an unsuccessful but still medium to large sized supported club that fell victim to a property transaction.

I say this and I prefer small clubs. Brighton are also not a big club either, but do pack in the "how many true fans have we got" drivel.

You are making too much of the true supporter comment - its not/wasn't a slant on true supporters it was more a point to see how many wouldn't go on Tues and next season if we have an average season.

I couldn't give a toss about uberfans, you could go every match away but not one at home and be supporter, or even one from an armchair every week so long as you really support the club. It was a post about how/ if it would drop.

You are right about the Mad Stad but Who gives a shit about Reading's and Brenfords past crowds that area was always an overspill of the smoke and you would do better to compare us to Charlton or Orient on crowds - If you have/had been to Roker Park you know how big that ground was and how many supporters they used to/ could get and thats what I allured to.

Patronising?? 50+ grounds eh? I win then (not that I care).

You do know the Blooms have been involved with The Albion for years and Brentford finished in the top six of Div one twice so were a big club even if it was before the war and Griffin Park had a much higher capacity than the Goldstone don't you

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I'll be there on Tuesday and really looking forward to it. As I walk up to the ground I still get the 'can't believe this stadium is ours feeling' at the end of the season as much as I did on the first day. The whole Amex experience has been brilliant and one I am going to miss for the next 3 1/2 months. On top of that I get to watch Vicente play. For my team! Unreal! To have witnessed the quality of someone like that playing for Brighton has been an extremely rare privalage and whilst there is a chance he might be still playing for us next season i will not miss the opportunity to see him play for us in case he graces the Amex with his presence just two more times...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Me too, so that's two of us in there at least.
Have you ever been to the cinema in the daytime? You settle down to watch the film, the whole theatre to yourself, then just before the film starts someone (usually a bloke) comes in and sits next to you.

That'll be me on Tuesday :wink:

Feb 14, 2010
1. Apart from Brighton how many other clubs have you attended on a fairly regular basis with home fans as a result of living in the area? I count the North East, Yorkshire, Midlands, and London, as well as over 50 away grounds with brighton. Have you ever attended any other league club on a regular basis and what do you know of other towns around the country? Ever lived outside Sussex? When you have lived around the country, you get a true understanding of different clubs and the Albion. Your comment of "how many true fans do we have" indicates you equate the Albion, bizarely with Reading, who were a small club until Madjeski. That is laughable, as 30,000 crowds throughout Albion's history in 3rd tier football shows. Those who are surprised by Brighton's home support either know nothing of the Albion or were as short sighted as they have been proved wrong.
2. Sunderland and Brighton had similar crowds when they came first and we second. Historically however Sunderland have been more successful and in higher divisions. hence they got bigger crowds. But you compare clubs like with like, and therefore when in the same division. This is why the point made on Brighton v Saints is interesting. Saints have played higher league football but Brighton got the bigger crowds.
3. Yes of course I know of Ray Bloom. The Bloom I was obviously talking about was the lad who stumped up £100 Million for a new ground. Brentford are a Reading before Madjeski in terms of support.
4. Pack in the "how many true supporters do we have". Just ask the 34,000 who turned up to watch Rochdale at the goldstone how many true supporters Brighton have.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Get over yourself - you asked for this

1) Brighton Born, Lived London, Stoke, Bristol, Got relies and mates all over.

2) travelled all over the country staying overnight in load of places through work, went to matches and saw different teams when nothing to do.

3) Went home & away to games with brighton & Stoke before kids came along done over 80 grounds including Coldblow lane, The Vic, plus loads abroad too (do you really want me to continue -ok)

4) Took my kids with me to matches away all over so they even went Elm Park, Old vic Fullham, orient and Millwall

5) Been across Europe with England, Nou camp, Mestalla, Rome with mates old Wembley new Wembley, Millennium others I've forgotten

6) I'm bored now

YOU brought up Reading & Brentford YOU Equated us with Reading & Brentford- If you knew Albion History you would keep going on about Rochdale 34k ( I was there) because it didn't happen that often in fact until the late 70's it was about twice. THE BLOOMS Ronnie & Reggie and Harry before have been involved with the Albion for about 40 years Tony Loaned the money for the Amex.

We only averaged 9-14k at the Goldstone bar two or three seasons so you are being a mug going on about regular 30k crowds as though it was every week - You couldn't move at that Rochdale match people were standing on the walls and the roofs along the Chicken Run (east) It was full of people that never went every week like my mum and sisters thats why we got 34k that night - The might support the Albion but I wouldn't call them true supporters.

Ask anyone who followed the Albion from say 1961-85 and they will tell you what I tell you, we have had okay crowds at times but our averages up until Div 1 & the FA cup were pretty low. i can't see the point of bigging us up when it wasn't true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here