Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take note of the attendance on Tues

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Will probably be a bit less but only because it's an evening game and the kids are back at School so less of them in attendance.

Be surprised if so , the midweek matches throughout the season haven't dropped massively , even during term time

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Dont be a tool. How old are you? Brighton got crowds like 34,000 against Rotherham in the 3rd division. How about that as an indication of how many true supporters we have.

I think you're the tool mate I was at that match so I know how many we used to get in the 3rd division (and the 2nd and the 1st and the 4th) thats the point w always get big crowds when we are winning but I'm guessing we only average 12-14k generally and thats after our glory days till now

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Here we go= England historical attendance and performance

Yes I know we have the Amex now, yes I know we got 25k in Div 1, yes I know ..........

The point is I reckon !8k but if it wasn't our first season at the amex and that we have sold a lot of season tickets on the back of that i suspect it would be 16k on Tues

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Whilst although we still have a chance of the playoffs this will give a good indication of how many true supporters we have and what we can expect in a average season

???

No it won't, what a load of bollocks, are you bored? Some of us can't get to midweek matches, so your theory is crap.

Feb 14, 2010
When its the usual sell out and 18000 to 20000 turn up then I look forward to your humble pie being served. All this true fan rubbish is just that, rubbish. Albion lost out for the last 20 years as a result of a property transaction to sell the Goldstone. Slightly before that the club was run into the ground. However as an indication, when in the 3rd div, when we came runners up to Sunderland, our crowds were just shy of Sunderland's. Now how many true fans do Sunderland have according to you?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It will be down slightly as Watford haven't sold many of their allocation. As others have posted, not many Brighton fans will stay away.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Turn it around slightly we only have 2 more opportunities to enjoy the Amex experience before a 3 1/2 month break I for one will be there to get my fix I still love the experience anyone else who has lost the love can go boil their head in jam.
Reckon the crowd will be slightly down but still around the 19k to watch an attacking backlash.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
When its the usual sell out and 18000 to 20000 turn up then I look forward to your humble pie being served. All this true fan rubbish is just that, rubbish. Albion lost out for the last 20 years as a result of a property transaction to sell the Goldstone. Slightly before that the club was run into the ground. However as an indication, when in the 3rd div, when we came runners up to Sunderland, our crowds were just shy of Sunderland's. Now how many true fans do Sunderland have according to you?

You clearly have little knowledge about clubs and their history - I'm not trying to be rude to you but picking Sunderland to match against the Albion is a bit dumb and if you check their history and attendances you will see that generally up until recently they get greater averages that we would love to have had. They have a far greater fan base than us even now that rises and falls on how they are doing - same as us! As much as I like to big us up comparing us to Sunderland is dumb

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You clearly have little knowledge about clubs and their history - I'm not trying to be rude to you but picking Sunderland to match against the Albion is a bit dumb and if you check their history and attendances you will see that generally up until recently they get greater averages that we would love to have had. They have a far greater fan base than us even now that rises and falls on how they are doing - same as us! As much as I like to big us up comparing us to Sunderland is dumb

Sunderland's averages 1970 to 1997 - 14,000 to 33,000. Don't know how that would compare to the Albion say 1975 to 1983?

Improved since the massive stadium built, but now maintained by collosal discounting & sacking Bruce!

They are not a Newcastle, LFC, ManU or one of the big London clubs in any shape or form. And not a big city or catchment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around 18,000 is my best guess

Feb 14, 2010

I dont want to be rude either mate, but as we are patronising each other then ...When you have lived around the country, and as a result attended regularly league clubs in the North East, Yorkshire, Midlands, London and Brighton, and been a Brighton away fan at over 50 odd league grounds, then mate, you can start to compare your knowledge of football and football clubs around the country with mine.

As I say, look at Brighton/Sunderland's attendances when we came runners up to them. All this "how many true fans have we got" is drivel.

Clubs like Reading never got 34,000 for Rochdale in the 3rd division. Reading were a Brentford sized club until Madjeski. Brighton however were never a Brentford before Bloom. They were an unsuccessful but still medium to large sized supported club that fell victim to a property transaction.

I say this and I prefer small clubs. Brighton are also not a big club either, but do pack in the "how many true fans have we got" drivel.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
I'll be there for my first Amex experience. Whilst it's a shame that it's probably the first competitive game with nothing to play for I'm still excited like a big kid to be finally getting to see a match at our amazing ground.

Best post of the day!! Enjoy your experience!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here