Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take Back the Game

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Problem is, it doesn't affect everyone. Whilst I have sympathy with Wolves fans, I pay a very reasonable 30 quid a month to watch Albion pay. They are suggesting dropping wage bills to reduce ticket prices - I would rather we didn't offload Vicente and CMS so that I save a fiver a month.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will it work? I mean would they be able to stay silent for a goal? Some fans insist it's impossible to sit down during exciting moments of play, how can those fans not celebrate a goal?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
No chance of afffecting anything.

"This is a protest against extortionate prices charged by clubs in modern football to normal fans who just want to have a good laugh with their mates on a Saturday."

then stop going to Premier League games, watching clubs full of top class players playing top class football and earning top class wages............................

if you want to achieve that, start watching Walsall.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I support the sentiments but all the time we pay the money then nothing will change.

For example, I won't have Sky as I think it is one big rip off. I would have it if it was a reasonable price and Murdoch did not try a get more money at every turn. Murdoch does not care about not having me as a customer as he has enough who are willing to pay. If everyone refused to renew their Sky subscription he would soon change the prices. If everyone refused to buy ST or tickets for games then prices would change. Unfortunately it's supply and demand. All the time we demand it then it will be supplied - at a price that makes the most money for the supplier - not a price that is fair for all.

Being silent for 10mins is all well and good but the clubs still have your money. Stop buying in enough numbers and it would change. The reality is we all (myself included) bottle it. For example, when Brighton do go up, what if ticket prices did jump up by 50-100%? What STH is really going to give up their place in the queue on principle knowing that there would be loads of others desperate to take that ST instead at whatever price the club set? In this scenario we consumers are at the mercy of the morals of the suits who run the finances, knowing that we as consumers who love our club we have hobsons choice.

As a side point, I pay well over £100 a month for 2 adult and 3 kids season tickets at Brighton but agree it's not bad value. If it goes up by much more then I will not be able to afford it regardless of VFM - the only way I do now is by passing on tickets when I can't take the whole family.

No chance of afffecting anything.

"This is a protest against extortionate prices charged by clubs in modern football to normal fans who just want to have a good laugh with their mates on a Saturday."

then stop going to Premier League games, watching clubs full of top class players playing top class football and earning top class wages............................

if you want to achieve that, start watching Walsall.

Why would you do that if you were born and brought up in Wolverhampton and supported them all your life. It is like somebody telling you to go and support Crawley if the Albions prices rocket. Far better to campaign from within to get change rather than walk away.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Stockholm look like they set there ground on fire lol, i hate flares at football.

I agree with the protest football is way out priced its a joke, but our love for the game seems to override that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here