Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take a look at yourselves!!!

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Bear in mind that Dick Knight reads NSC so could not have helped but be influenced by the clamour on this board during the second half of last season for the appointment of Micky Adams.

Knight's thinking would have been: the team achieved seventh place under an inexperienced manager; in important games, the team showed a lack of character and mental strength to complement its undoubted ability; so bring in a manager with a proven track record, whose teams have shown the requisite character and strength of mind, and who has the added virtue of being viewed by most Albion fans as the messiah.

You can't fault the logic.

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Hi Seagull Noon,
Agree pretty much with all of your original post and even more so with your subsequent comment on IDIOTS! There really are some twits on this site mixed in thankfully with some obviously intelligent posters. How stupid to say you cannot be a true fan if you move abroad! There must be many lifelong Albion fans who use this site and live abroad and I for one would certainly consider them to be fans.
For me being fan isn't just about attending games. It's something that gets into your blood, that stays with you for ever wherever you are in the world.
Enjoy your new life abroad SeagullNoon and all the best

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Bear in mind that Dick Knight reads NSC so could not have helped but be influenced by the clamour on this board during the second half of last season for the appointment of Micky Adams.

Knight's thinking would have been: the team achieved seventh place under an inexperienced manager; in important games, the team showed a lack of character and mental strength to complement its undoubted ability; so bring in a manager with a proven track record, whose teams have shown the requisite character and strength of mind, and who has the added virtue of being viewed by most Albion fans as the messiah.

You can't fault the logic.

very true mate - it still DOES make sense to me...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Are you seriously saying that you found it easier to remain positive 11-12 years ago, when we were propping up the entire League and about to become homeless ?

OK, so we're bumbling along midtable in the 3rd division, and likely to remain so for the forseeable. No, everything isn't perfect right now, and I'm as disappointed as anyone at how this current season is panning out, as I thoguht we'd be pushing for top 6 as well. But the outlook is still about 398 times more positive than it was back then. If 1997 taught me anything following this club, its that things could be a lot, LOT worse. They could be better as well if course, but hey, thats the Albion for you.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Reading some of the resonses really shows that there are some idiots on here. Thanks to those that actually had something constructive to say!!!

To those that say you cant be a supporter if you move abroad are deluded. I love this club and always will i have been a seasin eicket holder at Withers for 6 years but much prefer the away trips. Whenever i can i fly in and watch the team and am still a season ticket holder this year. Last game i saw was Scunny at home i also listen to all the games on seagulls world so i do understand what people are saying about the performances although from afar!!

I do think it was harsh on Wilkins but if people are complaining about substitutions this year some of Wilkins last year were also very bad all managers make mistakes and make decisions in the heat of battle.

Bring on Hereford a good win will give this team confidence and i think with that they can be a force.

Cheers

I am surprised at the criticism because in the 29 years since I moved the 200 miles to Mansfield, nobody has ever suggested I can't still be a supporter, even though I rarely go to games now. Also, why not display your location -are you on the run?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I moved abroad to HAMPSHIRE, years ago, but I'm still a PROPER supporter and that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Right, back to the point.

I don't agree with the first poster. I don't agree that just because we were 45 minutes away non league @ Hereford we should put up with the performances now or the fact that a very promising manager (and the man that brought a lof ot talent through the youth ranks) was forced out of the club completely. Just because it's not as bad as it was should it mean that we should sit back and accept the fact that we are going backwards this season and seem to be tactically inept.

Why do you say that DW was forced out of the club completely, when he was offered a coaching position? He chose not to take it, and that is his perogative. He is a good coach, but that does not necessarily mean he has the skills required to be a manager. I think the majority of fans would like him at the club in some capacity.

I saw some good and some bad performances under DW, just as I have done under Mickey, Steve Coppell, Peter Taylor, Chris Cattlin, Jimmy Melia et al.

Can anyone tell me why Dean Wilkins was sacked as manager? Because I still haven't heard one good reason. Being offered his old coaching role back was more of an insult then anything else. If he was good enough to be retained in a senior role, his success on the pitch did not warrant his sacking as manager. It makes no sense.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Can anyone tell me why Dean Wilkins was sacked as manager? Because I still haven't heard one good reason. Being offered his old coaching role back was more of an insult then anything else. If he was good enough to be retained in a senior role, his success on the pitch did not warrant his sacking as manager. It makes no sense.

PLEASE BE JOKING!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

THIS.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I am surprised at the criticism because in the 29 years since I moved the 200 miles to Mansfield, nobody has ever suggested I can't still be a supporter, even though I rarely go to games now. Also, why not display your location -are you on the run?
Suggesting you can't be a supporter just because you move is of course ridiculous. I'm not sure how you can comment on performances though as some people on here seem to, even on individual players. Odd.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In response to Seagullnoon's original post ,that is the price of the internet I'm afraid. In the same way that it has made it possible for us all to keep up with the everyday goings on at the Albion, it has also given a soap box to any crackpot, geek, windup merchant (see geek) and total tosser who cares to use it.
My advice is to take NSC with a pinch of salt and remember that most reactions on here are amplified because people are sitting in front of a computer, not talking to a real person. Good luck :thumbsup:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

:thumbsup:

I think it would be good for the club to confirm the real reason why Dean was sacked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here