Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take a look at this picture

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hmm as has already been mentioned the picture does not paint a true scene of what had happened previously. Nice attempt though...

mcshane header

Top Cat
Sep 4, 2009
YabbaDabbaDeen
It's this thing about Elphick advancing that sort-of bothers me.
When can we 'afford' to have him trolling about in the advanced midfield, looking to try and score goals? Our returns on his investment seem to be lacking somewhat, in the goals-for column. He is NOT fast as a runner, and seems barely able to lift his legs to catch anyone if he has to track back. When we have opposing attackers bearing down on our goal, you will often see Elphick up the other end, walking away from the edge of the opposing goal-area.

All the banter I read about the lad being a terrific protege to Guy Butters, a brilliant defender in the making, yet I rarely spot him actually in the defence when the chips are down!

It's rather painfully obvious that we cannot afford to have a wandering central defender, and an overlapping wing-back doesn't usually spearhead down the MIDDLE of the pitch hunting goals!

No, I don't care if his marker IS back in their half - Elphick should not be going 'spare' on a goal-hunt like that every match. It is NOT paying off.

:thumbsup: Yep agree with all that. The nub of our problems lies here IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here