Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take a look at this picture

Not to point out the obvious!!! BUT again this highlights are need for 2 center backs as soon as January. Why Dicker and Bennett are defending there I'll never know and where the feck are the other 4 defenders!!!

There couldn't be a more telling picture of how bad the defense is, although I am sure some of you lot will come up with more.

Attachments

• 4116228820a11503382296l.jpg
    4116228820a11503382296l.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,042

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I'm looking to buy a new camera, what camera did you use to take the picture and is it a expensive one ?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Elphick was out of shot to the right trying to close down the overlapping right back who had just dummied Navarro. Tunnicliffe was marking their big number nine who had also gone to near post and is also out of shot to the right. Their scorer was a midfielder who had advanced into the box and was therefore the responsibility of the midfielders to track back with.

Also you are incorrect with who is in the centre, 27 is Hoyte, Bennett had been tracking their winger and is out of shot. Therefore the only other defender missing was El-Abd who was off the pitch.

Elphick was out of shot to the right trying to close down the overlapping right back who had just dummied Navarro. Tunnicliffe was marking their big number nine who had also gone to near post and is also out of shot to the right. Their scorer was a midfielder who had advanced into the box and was therefore the responsibility of the midfielders to track back with.

Also you are incorrect with who is in the centre, 27 is Hoyte, Bennett had been tracking their winger and is out of shot. Therefore the only other defender missing was El-Abd who was off the pitch.

Yeah let's stick up for them then :wozza: I was at the game as usual and the goal was piss poor, shocking defending, Navarro, Elphick and Tunnicliffe were appalling.

We need two new center backs and Whing needs to start, we can not condone the defending for that goal.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Pretty much what i was about to say myself.
Tunnicliffe was not poor, O toole in that picture is a midfielder (left mid i believe) so is not Tunnicliffe or Elphicks man, and Wordsworth too is a midfielder so was one of the two cm's responsibility. Clive platt and Lisbie aren't in that picture, which would suggest thats where Tunni and Elph are, as they both attacked the front post. Tunnicliffe was not poor last night, and neither goal can be blamed on him either! Elphick was sloppy, and his distribution was shite, that i will accept.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think the criticism of Navarro is harsh for the second goal - he was filling in as an emergency left back while El-Abd was getting treatment.

Maybe the fault lies with GP for not bringing on a sub earlier?!?!

Or maybe it is easier to blame Navarro as he is the current whipping boy now Smith is out of the team!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Yeah let's stick up for them then :wozza: I was at the game as usual and the goal was piss poor, shocking defending, Navarro, Elphick and Tunnicliffe were appalling.

We need two new center backs and Whing needs to start, we can not condone the defending for that goal.

The poor defending came from Navarro who did not stand up to his man, once that opened up the left side what do you expect our central defenders to do, wait for their player to dribble the ball all the way up to the goal? The hole on the left created by the dummy needed covering which meant one of the two centre backs had to go and deal with it, as I said above Tunnicliffe stayed with their centre forward whilst Elphick advanced because Lisbie was not in the box and he was spare. Whilst he is doing that it is the responsibility of our midfield players to track back with their midfield players.

If you are going to have a go at the defending at least show some semblance of knowledge about the game.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Seeing as we're playing pointing out the obvious....

Not to point out the obvious!!! BUT again this highlights are need for 2 center backs as soon as January. Why Dicker and Bennett are defending there I'll never know and where the feck are the other 4 defenders!!!

There couldn't be a more telling picture of how bad the defense is, although I am sure some of you lot will come up with more.

:facepalm:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The sooner Hawkins gets fit the better, we badly need some experience and leadership at the back.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Yes it was bad defending but what camera did the picture come out of ?

I think the criticism of Navarro is harsh for the second goal - he was filling in as an emergency left back while El-Abd was getting treatment.

Maybe the fault lies with GP for not bringing on a sub earlier?!?!

Or maybe it is easier to blame Navarro as he is the current whipping boy now Smith is out of the team!

To be fair, AeA had a cut, with blood, that had to be patched up.
It's a bit difficult to look at that and decide it won't stop bleeding and put a sub on immediately and so early in the match.
We were depleted at the defense, and the opposition were, unfortunately, able to capitalise on that.

It might underline the lack of leadership among the squad, however - as the players should perhaps have rallied to marshal that position on the pitch while it lacked a player.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

Owned.

The poor defending came from Navarro who did not stand up to his man, once that opened up the left side what do you expect our central defenders to do, wait for their player to dribble the ball all the way up to the goal? The hole on the left created by the dummy needed covering which meant one of the two centre backs had to go and deal with it, as I said above Tunnicliffe stayed with their centre forward whilst Elphick advanced because Lisbie was not in the box and he was spare. Whilst he is doing that it is the responsibility of our midfield players to track back with their midfield players.

If you are going to have a go at the defending at least show some semblance of knowledge about the game.

It's this thing about Elphick advancing that sort-of bothers me.
When can we 'afford' to have him trolling about in the advanced midfield, looking to try and score goals? Our returns on his investment seem to be lacking somewhat, in the goals-for column. He is NOT fast as a runner, and seems barely able to lift his legs to catch anyone if he has to track back. When we have opposing attackers bearing down on our goal, you will often see Elphick up the other end, walking away from the edge of the opposing goal-area.

All the banter I read about the lad being a terrific protege to Guy Butters, a brilliant defender in the making, yet I rarely spot him actually in the defence when the chips are down!

It's rather painfully obvious that we cannot afford to have a wandering central defender, and an overlapping wing-back doesn't usually spearhead down the MIDDLE of the pitch hunting goals!

No, I don't care if his marker IS back in their half - Elphick should not be going 'spare' on a goal-hunt like that every match. It is NOT paying off.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here